• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 11 scores

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Here are my predictions for today’s games:
• ⁠Florida over South Carolina
• ⁠5-Tennessee over Missouri
• ⁠7-LSU over Arkansas
• ⁠24-Kentucky over Vanderbilt
• ⁠9-Alabama over 11-Ole Piss
• ⁠⁠1-UGly over State
• ⁠aTm over Auburn
• ⁠Air Force over UNM
• ⁠⁠20-Notre Dame over Navy
• ⁠Army over Troy

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just watching the ends of several different games here early on a Week 11 Saturday, before OURS kicks off...
Just what we need:
Vandy puts together a tough, stirring complete game to hold on and beat UK, while LSU lucks out again against an Arkansas team that had its chances but just couldn't close the deal on a cold day in Hell--um, sorry--a cold day in Fayetteville, finally finding ANOTHER way to lose on a fumble-that-sure-LOOKED-like-a-throw with a minute abd a half left--when they had the ball at midfield, down 13-10 and moving the ball.
It's all on us now:
We could actually salvage a good deal of pride, rank, momentum and confidence heading into the off- and NEXT season if we could somehow win out!
But first things first:
One game at a time..."Just win, baby."

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Tennessee defeats Mizzou 66-24!
Ya think maybe their Coach is trying to "move" the CFB Playoff Committee?
Meanwhile, Lane IGNORES the "analytics" and goes for it on 4th and 1 earlyvin that game--rolls the dice and comes up SNAKE EYES.
As for our game back in the Swamp (the one place that looks nice and warm--unlike MUCH of America; WE have been freezing our cajones off over here in South Central Florida), I really don't know where we are at coming into this one.
Is this the defense that has merely waved at teams' offenses for much of the year (including the first half of last week's game), or the one that shut out aTm in the SECOND half last week.
Game under way now.
NUTS! AR Zios it WAY behind an open Piersall..but runs firctgec1st on the next play.
SHIT! Fumble! Gator ball...Yikes.
Aw, this one is choppy already.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Man, where was this UK team when the Gators played them?
Yes--of all of the SEC results, THAT one got the same rise out of ME: I mean, we STILL shoulda/woulda/coulda beat 'em that day had either AR or our D showed up, but even THAT Gator version would likely have drubbed THIS UK-imposter. But we STILL haven't solved all our "consistency" problems ourselves.
AR for eg was GREAT in the first quarter...then steadily faded back into "AR the mediocre and innaccurate" after that! Our D was who stepped up, even CAME ON STRONGER as the game went on--but the Special Teams (mostly) SUCKED ASS!
So that "complete game" CONTINUED to elude us, one'd have to say.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
At least our running game continued to thrive.
@Leakfan12,
You may wanna check out the actual "Official Game Thread Week 11 Florida vs South Carolina" that Escambia94 put up and moved a lot of Gator-related posts over to from here (...I ended up having a number of MY pre- and early-game comments moved over there MYSELF.).

Escambia94

Summary:
  • Florida avenged its 2021 loss to South Carolina by beating the Cocks 38-6. The Gator defense has now shut out opposing offenses for 6 quarters, with the only score being a perfectly executed fake punt in a game of Beamer Ball. The Gators scored 7 points off 3 Gamecock turnovers in 5 minutes. The Gators left 21 total points on the board.
  • #⁠5 Tennessee demolished Missouri 66-24. The Tigers fought back at times but were eventually overwhelmed by the Volunteer offense.
  • #⁠7 LSU survives Arkansas 13-10 and wins the SEC West in year 1 under Brian Kelly.
  • # ⁠24 Kentucky is upset by feisty Vanderbilt, 21-24. The Wildcats are regressing horribly and I love to watch the dumpster fire.
  • # ⁠9 Alabama holds off #11 Ole Miss 30-24 as Dart’s last pass falls incomplete. This was a hotly contested game that could have gone either way.
  • #1 Georgia asserts dominance over Mississippi State 45-19 and proves that the Bulldogs are the big dogs of the SEC and perhaps all of college football.
  • Auburn defeats Texas A&M in a game where both teams were pathetic losers but the Tigers had more points.

Escambia94

Elsewhere in the Pac-12 circle jerk, Oregon lost which puts the entire conference in a quandary.

Arizona beat UCLA (11/12)
UCLA beat Utah (10/8)
Utah beat USC (10/15)
USC beats Oregon State (9/24)
Oregon State beats WSU (10/15)
WSU beats Stanford (11/5)
Stanford beats Arizona State (10/22)
Arizona State beats Washington (10/8)
Washington beats Oregon (11/12)
Oregon beats Colorado (11/5)
Colorado beats Cal (10/15)
Cal beats Arizona (9/24)

Who is the conference champion? No idea. Who goes to the CFP? Nobody!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...And it looks like the "Big'n'Slow Ten" may well manage to send TWO teams to the CFB Playoff--depending on how the one between "Those Who Play NO-ONE" (Led by The Most Over-rated Coach In College Football, Harbaugh, to so far an undefeated season) and "The Team Built In the Image of the SEC" goes.
I don't know if this mess is clear evidence of a situation where there aren't enough "deserving teams" to warrant even FOUR in the Playoff, or the opposite: an example of how an expanded such system can consistently somehow discover an otherwise "rank outsider".
I still fear the 12-team one proposed will only devalue the importance of individual games of the regular season--one of College Football's FBS Division's most important distinguishing traits--stretched to the point of absurdity by.a sequence of outcomes like THIS season's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema