• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Troy Epps commits

lilChomp

VIP Member
Union product Troy Epps, who is in his second season at Coffeyville Community College in Kansas, has verbally committed to the Florida Gators.

"They're a national team and I've wanted to go there since I was 9 years old," Epps told GoUpstate.com recruiting analyst Phil Kornblut on Sunday night. "I like their facilities and everything."

Epps has set his official visit to Florida for the weekend of the Florida State game (Nov. 24).

Epps also has offers from Arizona, Tennessee, West Virginia, Ole Miss, UAB and Louisiana Tech.

Epps, a 2005 Herald-Journal all-area selection, said he's firm with his Florida commitment. He started as a freshman last season and led Coffeyville with 65 tackles and five sacks. He also had 16 tackles for loss.

Through seven games this season, he has 54 tackles, 17 1/2 tackles for loss, 4 1/2 sacks and six forced fumbles.

He had four sacks Saturday in a 21-14 victory against Independence Junior College.

Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Jeremy Crabtree said Epps brings something to the table the Gators are sorely lacking - the ability to get in the opponents' backfield.

"Troy has had a very good sophomore season so far," Crabtree told a Florida recruiting Web site. "The coaches at Coffeyville have been around some great defensive linemen in their time, and they definitely feel that Troy has what it takes to be a great college football player on the next level. He works hard. He plays hard. And he has a motor that doesn't quit."

Epps was the NJCAA national player of the week after registering 12 tackles, a sack and forcing a fumble in a 51-27 win against Air Force Prep on Sept. 22.

"He's got the fastest get-off on our team," Coffeyville defensive line coach Rico Cherico said. "When he came out of high school he was the No. 1 heavyweight wrestler in the state, and I love those wrestlers, because they know how to use leverage and use their hands."

Epps said he's on track to graduate in December and will have three years to play two.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I saw that. Only a 3* but I trust Meyer to pick the right guys. 5* or not I trust Urban 100%.:Banane29:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema