• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Things I'm Only JUST Realizing

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mainly: How BAD this team really IS...how we really had fallen over the years since Meyer's last Championship season. More than ten years and THREE successive Coaches (FOUR if you count that last on-again/OFF-again season with Meyer himself, though in truth it was clear that Addazio was really mainly "in charge"--enormous joke THAT in fact turned out to be!
So this program was, IS really a DUMPSTER FIRE BY THE TIME Billy is hired. This was NEVER the "fix a few things"-project that was ready to be easily and thoroughly RENEWED WITH A LITTLE recruiting and tough love. More like "a mess getting MESSIER"!!!
And it progressively deteriorated from there.
We can trace THAT downward plunge some other time. For now, suffice it to say this program has not gotten the attention it needed and deserved. So NOW it needs REAL work. And TIME. The kind of time and ATTENTION, long hours of WORK that is the ONLY WAY BACK...
And now maybe it finally GETS IT--Along with additional talent, discipline, and attention-to-DETAIL that ultimately helps to build a WINNER.
I still believe THIS Coach has exactly the priorities, along with the knowledge and skills to build and instill JUST THAT into this team...
BUT: AM I right? Or have I bought a "bill of goods"? You are big on "Details", E--.
What is YOUR analysis?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Ahmad Black said the following:

“So we fire a coach for not recruiting good players. Then hire a new coach and get mad when he doesn’t win with the SAME PLAYERS THAT GOT THE COACH A YEAR AGO FIRED….You guys gotta stop…”

Keep that in mind when complaining about the 2022 Gators. This team was a dumpster fire in 2021–they fired the head coach and sent the crappy assistant coaches elsewhere. 65 of the same athletes are on this team!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Florida football program has been “broken” (by our standards) since 2010–ever since Urban Meyer turned into a zombie. Program turnarounds take time.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ahmad Black said the following:

Keep that in mind when complaining about the 2022 Gators. This team was a dumpster fire in 2021–they fired the head coach and sent the crappy assistant coaches elsewhere. 65 of the same athletes are on this team!
OK. Your point is well taken: In fact, it well encapsulates what I am saying:
All the more reason we need to fully turn to "NEXT season NOW"!
By necessity from all practical points-of-view, Billy had to TRY and TWO-track that "recovery program" (henceforth to be referred to as " The GRP"--"Gator Reclamation Project"): For the sake of fans, PR, and general financial practicality (especially with related repercussions for N.I.L. and all the other "dawning concerns" now having to be accounted for), on the one hand, and the actual (now ongoing) "GRP", which Billy KNEW was the big job, the MAIN job ahead when he took the job...and now it seems he and his hand-picked staff must fully turn to that job, make essentially all their efforts part of the general plan to fix this program--upgrade the talent in all phases of the game itself, the quality of personality and sense of mutual support among all ON that team, and turn to approaching the work ahead en masse: AS A TEAM.
MY questions elsewhere here, especially the overlapping "anger-tinged ones" that only echo what everyone could see the last 2 or 3 games in particular (the problems on Defense especially--I mean, all those repeated 3rd-down-and-long breakdowns were just sickening)...I don't know anything for sure at this point--so I can only start with what is staring me in the face: and that has to at least start with a hard look at the man who is in charge of that defense. Is Toney the man for that job? We see varied offenses embarrassing even our more talented defensive players. Against LSU I saw our few defensive stars being isolated and undressed, left helpless by the SCHEME that the other guy threw up against them. That cannot happen...The question is, is there nothing we can DO about that? If talent, physical skill isn't going to be enough, what then?
The question must be asked.
So what does our Coach intend to do about it?
I know he arrived here with a plan; however, it at least APPEARS that some adjustments are required, don't you agree? Or am I missing something here? Some move that I don't see or understand? That's entirely possible, of course.
Heck, tell me that I'm over-reacting, if that's what y'all believe: That the best move is patience, give it all time to all continue to develop, the ongoing "moves and plans" to mature, have their eventual, inevitable effect.
I see all those weaknesses, signs of confusion, and like everyone else it worries me...I don't want to "over react", be part of the fan-driven "mobspeak" that tries to bring pressure that suppresses patience and wisdom.
I WANT to see this Coach given every chance to see this through, see his plan properly applied.
But sometimes, as often as not, "plans" need "adjustment". Based on what we are seeing so far, SOMETHING needs adjusting--some part of the defensive plan, no?
No matter what, my main concern now is that somehow we turn to the plan for NEXT season.
This one has little remaining to offer us. Only the time itself is valuable now. Let's use it, use it RIGHT! It's a cliche, true, but the future really IS "now". I just wanna see us beginning to get ready for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema