• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

THE SUNDAY BLOG, WEEK ONE

News Bot

News Bot
The Sunday Blog is back after a Saturday that included a lot of football and barbecue and ball coach.

1. Have yourself a bad day, SEC. We talked all summer about how much the conference had at stake on the first weekend of the season and it did not deliver. With Ole Miss still to go, the league went a pedestrian 7-6 to start the season. Thanks for coming. The worst loss had to be Mississippi State’s to South Alabama. Maybe we were finally right about a Dan Mullen team when we picked the Bulldogs to finish last in the West. Meanwhile, Alabama is what we thought it was only better

2. The Kentucky team that comes in here on Saturday to face the mighty Gators is a hurting bunch. The Wildcats played about as bad a second half as it’s possible to play in their loss to Southern Miss. Kentucky allowed 520 yards and 33 first downs, ran only 15 offensive plays in the second half and blew a 35-10 lead. “I don’t know if I’ve ever in my career, ever wanted to apologize for a game, but that’s a tough pill to swallow right there, and I do,” said Kentucky coach Mark Stoops. “I didn’t think I would ever do that. That’s a tough loss and our fans deserved better.” If Florida can’t put up points against this soft team, you know it’s going to be a long season for UF.

3. Florida running back Mark Thompson said during the preseason he wanted to get to 1,000 yards by the Georgia game. He’s got a long ways to go. Thompson ran for 22 yards on six carries in the opener. He learned a valuable lesson — that if your line doesn’t open holes, you’re not going anywhere. I saw nothing that told me this is a better offensive line and certainly didn’t see any bursts from the running backs. Then again, the running backs only got 23 chances as Florida went pass-happy in the game.

4. Oh, Leslie Edwin Miles. You just couldn’t stand the prosperity, could you? You survive a coup attempt, spend the summer getting all kinds of love and then go lay another offensive egg on opening day. After all of the talk about how much Brandon Harris had improved, he opened the season with a game in which his quarterback rating was 6.9. I don’t know much, but I know that’s not stellar. Maybe it’s time to get off that horse and try someone else. There’s a track record and it’s not good.

The post THE SUNDAY BLOG, WEEK ONE appeared first on Dooleys Desk.

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema