• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Gators are in the World Series, Tebow in Gainesville and Colin Thompson

travisduncan

Gator Fan
The Florida Gators are in the College World Series thanks in part to some advice head baseball coach Kevin O’Sullivan sought from basketball coach Billy Donovan.

After the Gators lost to Mississippi State on Saturday afternoon, facing elimination with a loss on Sunday, Sullivan gave Donovan a call, who suggested that O'Sullivan meet with his team after the loss. Donovan had also spoken with the Gators before Saturday's game.

O'Sullivan told reports, via the Associated Press, "For lack of better term, I had my head in my rear end (Saturday) night and I needed to pick myself up because the players were going to look to me,” O’Sullivan said. “We never meet as a team after a loss. Billy thought it’d be a good idea to get the team together just to see my face for 10 minutes. That’s what we did.”

The Gators then defeated Miss State 8-6 Sunday afternoon.

A journey which began February 18 will now culminate in Omaha, Nebraska. The Gators will play Texas Saturday at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN and either North Carolina or Vanderbilt on Monday. The losers will play each other at 2 p.m. ET and the two winners will play at 7 p.m. ET. Monday. The winners from each bracket then move onto the championship best-3-out-of-5 game series.

Tim Tebow's visit to Wal-Mart to Gainesville Saturday was pretty crazy, but appeared to be under control, though some fans went home without an autograph. There is plenty of YouTube footage.

Meanwhile there is some talk on about the validity of this photo of Tebow at the practice range at the St. Jude's Classic in Memphis-some think it's photoshopped.

-EA Sports NCAA '12 released it's team rankings for this summer's game. The Gators fall to 20th on the game with a B+ overall, down from an A- and a No. 6 ranking in last year's game. That being said if Jeff Demps is anywhere as fast as he was in the '11 game then the Gators will continue to be a go-to team for players-looking for an unstoppable game breaker.

Continuing our look at the Class of 2012 is Colin Thompson a big talented tight end out of Archbishop Wood High in Warminster, Pennsylvania and the latest recruit to give his verbal to the Gators.

This recruit has Charlie Weis written all over it, a solid tight end. A position perhaps under-used in the college game which can pay big dividends in the ability to keep the defense guessing, especially one which can catch and play like a wideout. That's what Tompson can do.

He's ranked as one of the Top 5 tight ends in the Nation for his class.

He's 6-foot-5 and 255 lbs-and that's without the benefit of an elite college football training regiment-though it sounds like his program in high school was pretty good.

He's got NFL potential and admitted that was major factor in his reason for choosing UF, and because of Weis' experience with the league.

Thompson might have a chance to contribute right away next fall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema