• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Deonte Thompson Situation

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Over the last two days a lot has been developing out at the Florida Gators practice - and I'm not just talking about what's happening on the field. Urban Meyer and Deonte Thompson have been all over the sports blogs and on the news because of some comments Thompson made in a post practice interview. Meyer quickly came to his (or Tebow's) defense and got in the face of Orlando Sentinel beat writer Jeremy Fowler. We have the story and the video.

The Orlando Sentinel initially ran a piece from an interview they conducted with Deonte Thompson (a third year wide receiver for the Gators who hasn't quite lived up to his 5 star potential). Here is what Deonte said:

"Lot of things didn’t go the way as planned," Thompson said. "Things are going to get better here in the future. Any receiver would be happy. You have a guy like (John) Brantley throwing the ball, spreading it around to everybody." Then he was asked about the differences between Tim Tebow and John Brantley.

"You never know with Tim," Thompson said. "You can bolt, you think he’s running but he’ll come up and pass it to you. You just have to be ready at all times. With Brantley, everything’s with rhythm, time. You know what I mean, a real quarterback."

It's that <b>"a real quarterback"</b> piece of the quote that has been causing so much trouble. Meyere is upset with the way the Sentinel and other papers have been slicing that piece of of the entire quote and making it seem like Deonte is taking a jab at Tebow... when in reality he has nothing but respect for Tim. Meyer got pretty upset with how everything went down in the papers. Watch his confrontation with Fowler:

<object width="590" height="335"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPQ1j7aWaIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zPQ1j7aWaIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="590" height="335"></embed></object>

"You'll be out of practice -- you understand that? -- if you do that again," Meyer said to Fowler. "I told you five years ago: Don't mess with our players. Don't do it. You did it. You do it one more time and the Orlando Sentinel's not welcome here ever again. Is that clear? It's yes or no."

Wow! I love the Meyer Urban gets emotional and is so involved with his players... not quite sure if he went a little too far though this time because all Fowler did was report a quote from Deonte Thompson. All I know is you do not want to get on Urban's bad side.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema