• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Talk of the Town": Sticks and stones, CFB media......

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I got inspired to add my two cents after reading an excellent thread started over at GC giving the sports media a dose of their own medicine over all this negative press surrounding our Gators lately, especially after all the backlash following the WLOCP this year.

Let the media blowhards talk all they want; when all is said and done the Gators will still get the last laugh. I dare any of these lackeys to even try to do as well of a job as Coach Meyer has done since he's been head coach of the Gators. If their jibes emulate from jealousy, then they need to grow up. If they just plain hate the Gators, then that's too bad as well. It goes way beyond just playing the devil's advocate - but the Gators, our coaching staff, and Gator Nation are well aware of their true motive. As far as I'm concerned, the media does nothing to further their cause by behaving at a level no better than that of your garden-variety message board troll.

Luckily for Meyer and his players, they refuse to allow these distractions to affect morale in the locker room and preparation for upcoming games. I had a chance to briefly talk to Shelley Meyer at a Gator Gathering this past summer, and she stated that they're basically through with the media.

If anything, the Gators are inspired by all this negative press. Similar to what happened after the Ole Miss loss last year and the sloppy win over Mississippi State this year, our guys regrouped, refocused and performed at a higher level than before each of those games - and I don't see our guys wanting to regress at all. The leadership, chemistry and character of this year's team speaks volumes and is an integral factor of their success to-date.

Paul Finebaum may not be willing to walk across the street to put out a fire on Urban Meyer (I won't stoop to his crass level and directly quote what he had said), but then again I wouldn't offer two cents to send his sorry ass to the moon - and that goes for Tim Brando, Spencer Tillman, Desmond Howard, Peter Kerasotis, Andrea Adelson and other assorted hacks of their same ilk.

If these fools are waiting in the wings for the Gators to fail, they're doing so in vain. This team is for real.

As former Gator great and recent FL-GA Hall of Fame inductee Lawrence Wright said, "If you ain't a Gator, you must be Gator bait".

SOS, Booby Bowden, Nick Saban (or Les Miles, if LSU gets the upset win today), this means YOU.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema