• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

stacey nelson interview

had a long interview wither former gator star pitcher stacey nelson..

Stacey Nelson graduated in December and has been busy since with the 2009 season and was asked to play for U.S National Team for the second year in a row. Nelson also plans to continue her career playing professionally in Japan this year.

Stacey received a degree in philosophy and plans to attend law school after playing a year in Japan. Nelson prefers to work with children and wants to work with international humanitarian law.

Nelson will be playing for the Honda Motorcars team and live in Tochigi outside of Tokyo.

GSN was lucky enough to catch up with the former Gator star.

1. What was it like attending the University of Florida, and playing for such a prestigious program?

The greatest experience of my life. It was an honor to wear the UF uniform but I never really understood it until I was in my later years. I didn’t understand the tradition and pride behind UF; I didn’t understand how so many people could love a university so much; I didn’t understand the “Gator Nation”; but, now I do.

2. The College World Series had to have been a great moment in your life, and your performance was outstanding. But was there anything else you, or the team could have done to capture the World Series trophy over Washington?

I am not someone who obsesses over things and unlike many athletes, I normally deal with losing pretty well. But that loss still haunts me and I still wonder all the time what more I could have done. Even though I am supposed to move on and accept the loss, it is still a long process and I cant get over coming up short for my team.

3. You are pitching for the United States women’s softball team, how would you compare the atmosphere and pressure to that of pitching for the Gators?

Pitching for the US team is definitely different than pitching for UF. There are just small little differences that make a big difference when you’ve been playing the game for so long. Also, playing for different coaches, not to mention more coaches, playing with new girls, along with some new rules, takes some getting used to. The only bad part about the USA team though is that we have to wear shorts when we play that are not very flattering at all!

4. You have a handful of awards in your college career, but what was your greatest achievement while at the University of Florida?

I will never forget getting my first Academic All-American award my junior year. Coach Walton knew how much it meant to me so he called me to the front of our bus to announce it to the team and I couldn’t hide my grin. It really meant a lot.

5. And how would you sum up everything at Florida?

Again, the greatest experience of my life. To sum it up: one time a man told me, “Thank you for being a Gator.” I immediately put my hand on his shoulder and told him, “Please, NEVER thank me for being a Gator. I am the one who is forever greatful for that opportunity.”–Im serious about this stuff!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema