• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SEC Media Days Coaches’ Rankings

News Bot

News Bot
Each year at the end of SEC Media Days, I rank the 14 coaches based on their time at the podium.
This year, in honor of the retired head ball coach, we will call it the Steve Spurrier Award. We missed him here in Hoover.
1. Will Muschamp: If his record as a football coach was the same as it is in news conferences he’d still be the coach at Florida. He was relaxed and funny and took the high road when it came to his time at UF.
2. Bret Bielema: We were expecting a little more from him, but he had some good lines.
3. Mark Stoops: Stoopsie surprised me a little with his humor, especially the line about Bielema — “I better be careful. Don’t get in a pissing contest with a skunk. Right?”
4. Kirby Smart: For a first-timer, he was very strong.
5. Les Miles: It was wild and rambling and we now know way more about his team than we needed to know. His opening statement was more than 20 minutes long so we have to take points away.
6. Jim McElwain: The folksy head coach was typical McElwain.
7. Kevin Sumlin: I came away from his talk totally brainwashed and voted for A&M to win the West. That’s smooth.
8. Derek Mason: The winds of change are coming to Nashville. Or so he said.
9. Hugh Freeze: He was actually pretty candid about his battle with the NCAA.
10. Gus Malzahn: Nothing to see here.
11. Butch Jones: Set a record for coaching cliches.
12. Nick Saban: At least he didn’t lecture us this year, but his disingenuous praise of the media is getting old.
13. Barry Odom: You could tell he was nervous at his first Media Days.
14. Dan Mullen: He had a bad day. He embarrassed himself when answering the Jeffery Simmons questions.

The post SEC Media Days Coaches’ Rankings appeared first on Dooleys Desk.

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema