• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

rise in ticket prices?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Guess you had to expect this after winning a national championship...

GAINESVILLE -- Off its football program's national championship win earlier this month, Florida officials have increased game ticket prices for the 2007 season.

Tickets will increase $4 per game for boosters and season-ticket holders, bumping their seven-game package from $196 to $224, or up from $28 per game to $32 per game. Single-game seats will increase from $35 to $40. Even with the rate jump, four Southeastern Conference schools � Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn and Louisiana State -- have single-game rates higher than the Gators, according to a UF news release.

Prices for UF students will hold at $10 per game, or $70 for the season. Students make up about a quarter of the gameday crowd at Florida Field.

Florida's home schedule this year features Western Kentucky (Sept. 1); Troy (Sept. 8); Tennessee (Sept. 15); Auburn (Sept. 29); Vanderbilt, which is homecoming weekend (Nov. 3); Florida Atlantic (Nov. 17) and Florida State (Nov. 24).

lilChomp

VIP Member
student's only make up a 1/4 of the gameday crowd? I doubt that's true. I would say more like 40% at least. Just because there's only 1/4 student tickets, doesn't mean that students aren't buying up alumni seats.

Swampman

VIP Member
The rise in ticket prices is probably due to the fat contract extension they're going to offer Meyer after this season is over. Someone has to pay for it.

sammy

VIP Member
I don't mind it at all. College football ticket prices are a joke compared to what they charge in the NFL. How can any student complain with having to pay $10 for a ticker??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema