• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Regarding Strength & Conditioning

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I STRONGLY recommend you all watch Ali Peek's latest Podcast, the one where she focuses specifically on some diplomatic but revealing "parting shots" that Princely U. takes upon leaving UF--and not simply commenting on them, but using it ALL as a springboard to a general analysis of "what went wrong, what mistakes Coach recognizes and is TRYING TO fix, and what the varying likelihoods are that the current moves and changes will MAKE a substantial enough difference".
In her typically upbeat, Gator-centric manner Ali tries to put as positve a spin as possible on it, but there is also "fair warning" underneath her optimism.
Her own summation regarding a specific problem with the very strength program that Princely commented on in truth I think applies to our whole program now, and the crucial period that the 2024 season represents:
"This isn't the Sun Belt Conference: You cannot simply bring a 'track team/speed' approach to the way you build your team...The SEC is a 'BULLY Conference', and that will get you beat."
It DID...And will continue to do so if the resulting changes don't just WORK, but kick in damn SOON.
This is not her only point: There are a number of subtle and complex features covered. Overall it is one of the best "in depth, behind-the-scenes" such analyses I have come across during what has otherwise been an extended period offering little but more reason to withdraw, to NOT get past a particular title, let alone even bothering wading through and past an opening sentence.
Glad I clicked on this one.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema