• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rating the last 7 coaches

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
My criteria is rather simple: record and championships. Unless Napier wins 10+ games a season for 6 years he will not match Dan Mullen’s winning percentage, which is behind championship coaches Urban Meyer and Steve Spurrier. Granted, these numbers do not tell the story of Urban Meyer quitting on the 2009 Gators only to come back in a zombie state, or UAA getting complacent with football investments since Spurrier’s days.
  1. Meyer was 65–15 (81.25%) with two national championships.
  2. Spurrier was 122–27–1 (81.88%) with one national championship. He is my personal favorite as coach and restaurant owner.
  3. Mullen was 34–15 (69.39%). I wish he could have worked out. His record at Florida was 29-9 before he seemingly gave up.
  4. Zook was 23–14 (62.16%). One thing in his favor is that he never had a losing season.
  5. McElwain was 22–12 (64.71%). Between the shark humping, the Claribelle QB dog arrogance, the Will Grier situation, the strength and conditioning program, plus his handling of racism at the end (which I happened to see firsthand) I really disliked Mac for a long time. I dropped him below Zook for the reasons above plus the losing season.
  6. Muschamp was 28–21 (57.14%). I debated putting him below McElwain just for losing to Georgia Southern irrespective of winning percentage. I liked him at first, but his sideline temper tantrums became annoying.
  7. Napier is 11–14 (44.00%). He seems to be a nice guy with a plan that works better on paper than in the real world. He would need to go undefeated in the 2024 regular season just to match Zook’s record at UF. If he makes it to 2025 he would need to go undefeated in the regular season to beat Mullen’s winning percentage. Even if he went undefeated three years in a row he would not match Spurrier’s or Meyer’s winning percentage.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
My criteria is rather simple: record and championships. Unless Napier wins 10+ games a season for 6 years he will not match Dan Mullen’s winning percentage, which is behind championship coaches Urban Meyer and Steve Spurrier. Granted, these numbers do not tell the story of Urban Meyer quitting on the 2009 Gators only to come back in a zombie state, or UAA getting complacent with football investments since Spurrier’s days.
  1. Meyer was 65–15 (81.25%) with two national championships.
  2. Spurrier was 122–27–1 (81.88%) with one national championship. He is my personal favorite as coach and restaurant owner.
  3. Mullen was 34–15 (69.39%). I wish he could have worked out. His record at Florida was 29-9 before he seemingly gave up.
  4. Zook was 23–14 (62.16%). One thing in his favor is that he never had a losing season.
  5. McElwain was 22–12 (64.71%). Between the shark humping, the Claribelle QB dog arrogance, the Will Grier situation, the strength and conditioning program, plus his handling of racism at the end (which I happened to see firsthand) I really disliked Mac for a long time. I dropped him below Zook for the reasons above plus the losing season.
  6. Muschamp was 28–21 (57.14%). I debated putting him below McElwain just for losing to Georgia Southern irrespective of winning percentage. I liked him at first, but his sideline temper tantrums became annoying.
  7. Napier is 11–14 (44.00%). He seems to be a nice guy with a plan that works better on paper than in the real world. He would need to go undefeated in the 2024 regular season just to match Zook’s record at UF. If he makes it to 2025 he would need to go undefeated in the regular season to beat Mullen’s winning percentage. Even if he went undefeated three years in a row he would not match Spurrier’s or Meyer’s winning percentage.
Accurate AND entertaining:
A DOUBLE DOWN, bell-ringin' HIT!
(#5.Mac--"shark humping"??? Not sure I get it--but I LOVE it, for SURE!)
Unfortunately, it is looking more and more like Napier's "Nice guy, failing in the REAL World" will be his epitaph.
(PS. SS MY fave too--on BOTH counts. Could there really ever BE any other outcome??!)
Thankyou, E--.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Surprised you put Meyer over Spurrier. I know the two national titles over one but Spurrier has the six SEC titles over Meyer's two SEC titles.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema