• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

QB controversy in the future

ilovegators

VIP Member
I think having two top QB recruits in Brantly and Newton might lead us to a QB controversy in a couple of year. I truly believe that one of these guys is going to transfer before it's all said and done. There just won't be enough playing time for the both of them.

Swampman

VIP Member
I can definitely see someone transfering out of Florida because of a lack of playing time ala Brock Berlin. And I really don't blame someone for leaving. They have to do what is best for their career. If they can't start here, then better off going somewhere they can get a shot.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I couldn't agree more. Someone won't be here in a few years.

But you have to like what Meyer is doing. Coming into 2006 everyone was complaining we didn't have enough QBs. If Leak went down, then who would be there after Tebow?

They're stockpiling the team at every position. If someone wants to transfer out in a year or two, so be it.

In Urban I Trust

Bull Gator
well tebow will start. behind him we need a backup, prob will be waggener, and newton will be redhshirted. as far as brantly.... he must think he has something to bring to the table and compete for time as the 2nd qb.

as for the berlin coment, he sucked, so whos to say any of these players will pan out anyways.

rawdog

VIP Member
Berlin cried a lot cause he thought he was good. Where is how now? Flipping burgers is my guess.

I agree though that there isn't room for all these QBs, especially if Tebow stays through his senior year.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Anyone can have a career ending injury on any play. All it takes is for Tebow to trip over his shoe laces and we'll be in big trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema