• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

POTENTIAL DISASTER ALERT

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94, @Leakfan12,
In case you haven’t at the very least had this begun to eat at you from the back of your OWN mind, now articles and backdoor online rumor-mongering has begun to raise the idea that we may be on the verge of LOSING ANTHONY RICHARDSON to the transfer portal (“College Football’s Wild Free Agency”)!
I’ll leave the details of all this to your analytical, experience-based deductive powers and/or “bummer imagination” except to note what a total completion of the outright COLLAPSE that may have begun with the fact and DETAILS of the Kentucky loss.
This cannot be allowed to happen—I won’t even bother going into my own panicked suggestions as to what our Coach can and/or MIGHT do to head this off, or the extremes he should be ready to go to, the “sacrifices in our present” that might turn out to be required and WORTH it to save the “potential future” (and/OR our “future POTENTIAL”!).
But, more than ever, if it came down to it, actual events have shown that whatever may be the immediate rewards (or, as it may turn out, the lack thereof) of having and keeping Emory Jones, it is AR15 who is The FUTURE at QB for UF’s Fightin’ Gators!
Ideally, it remains BEST of course we keep them both, for now stay with Jones as the primary starter in a somewhat dual-QB system, while AR gets more and more experience, gains mastery of the full play book and continues his growth on the road to ultimately leading this team’s offense into its next full-on extended Championship run. If Emory could get us to the threshold of same before that plan “fully matures” (as I think Mullen hoped, and at least seemed possible, more likely before last Saturday’s debacle in Lexington), all the better...BUT:
WE CAN NOT RISK LOSING AR15!!!
Does anyone disagree???

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Not really, we want AR15 to stay. Jones should be the one leaving, he is a four-year junior. Granted we don't know how close Jones is to graduating. Honestly, all of us want Richardson to start though I rather wait until the South Carolina game or the Samford since that's at home and South Carolina is at Columbia. The situation isn't nearly as bad as say Jacksonville (Wink, Wink) but it should be concerning. IF AR-15 leaves then I'm leaning towards calling for Mullen to get his pink slip. The Good News is he should get some serious (and more) playing time since it's Vandy

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not really, we want AR15 to stay. Jones should be the one leaving, he is a four-year junior. Granted we don't know how close Jones is to graduating. Honestly, all of us want Richardson to start though I rather wait until the South Carolina game or the Samford since that's at home and South Carolina is at Columbia. The situation isn't nearly as bad as say Jacksonville (Wink, Wink) but it should be concerning. IF AR-15 leaves then I'm leaning towards calling for Mullen to get his pink slip. The Good News is he should get some serious (and more) playing time since it's Vandy
One would THINK so (AR15 to play against Vandy), but after that fiasco of a poorly-called game against Kentucky, who KNOWS what is going through our Coach’s mind these days???
Here comes the first in a “LINE UP” of “questions”...:
How much “TRUTH” was/is there to that whole “these two young men are like BROTHERS” routine?
Has that changed? And what about their faith and trust with respect to their Coach?
Which brings us to a whole OTHER possibility:
There’s at least the potential for a whole Hunker down, “US-AGAINST-THE-WORLD” attitude brewing on this team...We’d do well to find something LIKE it, shut out the extraneous stuff coming at them now, get back to work and redouble their efforts to simply grow, get BETTER as individuals and as a TEAM!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Rumors. /thread
The MAIN thing is to KEEP AR15 HERE!
Jones’ play has steadied enough so that, given fact that we are now no longer in CFP contention by ANY stretch of current imagination—and that THAT is unlikely to change with any prospective events the rest of THIS season. Likewise I no longer am especially concerned with Mullen’s particular plan or choice as to who is currently the “official Gator QB-1”, nor how he brings either or both along.
Emory and the offense are “developing” well enough for now to serve the greater purpose—our ongoing, hoped-for return to steady winning play, a clean finish to our season (reflected in an at least NEARLY-unblemished record the rest of the way) that leaves us well-positioned for a realistic shot at CFP selection and a Championship NEXT year.
THAT (and everything ELSE) appears to depend (among other things) on AR15 installed as our “Quarterback of the Future” by 2022.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema