• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

PLAYERS! PLAYERS! PLAYERS!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That's the key.
To EVERYTHING now...
First, just to get back to having HOPE, a fighting chance entering a season and carrying that forward.
Of course, that "simple truth" is loaded with complexity:
Even assuming (as I DO) that Napier and his staff have the plan and coaching chops to actually DO all that will need doing, with all the TALENT inherent in those prospective "players", they will HAVE to show SOME of it with (as @Escambia94, well describes it) the relative mediocrity of what we are left with if we are to attract and KEEP what presumably will eventually come to be the core foundation of tomorrow's greatness.
So. That is our central and defining focus now:
GETTING those PLAYERS in and (perhaps somewhat under, if not damn near totally OFF the radar) proceeding to begin BUILDING that future, fully prepared for the painful likelihood that a period of dubious onfield performance, at least as it manifests in our ensuing record against the scheduled competition is concerned. We may not be much better than a .500 team for another season or two after this one.
There'll be some ups and downs, some "shockers", good and bad, before we truly "find ourselves" and eventually (at least according to the "experts at large") finally "FIND ourselves" and "burst upon the scene as a balanced, fully
formed WINNER" (if we do this thing right) maybe 2 or 3 seasons from now.
The earliest for all THAT being 2024 or (more likely) -25...There are a LOT of variables to consider, after all. Right at or near that "four year" limit we are assuming is operative here.
The main point being that we probably won't LOOK that good a lot of the time--right up until we DO...do suddenly START looking VERY good around early Fall of (I'm going with) the 2025 season.
Can we manage that? Is that soon enough?
I can envision and live with it.
CAN GATOR NATION?
For what it's worth:
That's MY "best case scenario" from here.
Or perhaps better expressed,
"That is the most extreme PIPEDREAM that I can imagine AND envision actually coming to pass."
What do ya think?

(...or maybe I should have just entitled this thread, "Master of the Obvious Strikes Again!")

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema