• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Our RB of the future?

It appears that Florida's search for a dynamic tailback this recruiting season has come down to a final two: Milton Knox and Jamie Harper. Knox is from Lake Balboa, Calif., while Harper is from nearby Jacksonville. Since Knox is a former UCLA commitment who visited UF more than a month ago and Harper is coming to Gainesville for his official visit this weekend, the focus is clearly on Harper now.

The good news for the Gators is Harper did not commit to Clemson during his visit there last weekend. The bad news is Harper has been favoring the Tigers for quite some time now and the word is he's been quietly committed to Clemson for almost a month.

The UF coaches will find out where Harper stands this weekend. If the Gators can't impress Harper enough to get a commitment, Harper likely will be heading to Clemson.

As for Knox, he says it's now a two-team race between Florida and UCLA. Although he's had several good conversations with new Bruins' coach Rick Neuheisel, Knox said he's still seriously considering Florida. One possible obstacle for the Gators is the fact Stan Drayton is now at Tennessee. Drayton is the one who was recruiting Knox to Florida and the two had formed a good relationship.

The UF coaches must feel pretty good about landing either Knox or Harper because they slow-played Texas tailback Cyrus Gray on his UF visit this past weekend, and Gray went ahead and committed to Texas A&M on Tuesday, opting not to wait and see how things play out with the Gators.

Savannah, Ga., running back Franklin Green is no longer an option for the Gators. He committed to UF this past summer, but grade issues are going to force him to go another route. He de-committed over the weekend and now is looking at Georgia Southern and others.

http://gatorsports.com/article/20080116/NEWS/395346087/1016

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I don't know much about either of these guys, but I'll take the homegrown kid from Jacksonville over Knox.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
From what I have heard it sounds like we likely won't take a true tailback in this class. Harper sounds like a longshot at this point. I don't know much about Knox so maybe we get him, who knows. Harper would be a great get though if we can pull it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema