• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Florida @ LSU - 10/8: LOSS 41 - 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
NOTED BY E::::For those with an attitude, I would rather play with 70 players who want to be there than 85 who do not.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No other words to even describe it any better.......

Look at it this way. It really is a rebuilding year. No joke. The Gators have been blessed without a real rebuilding year in recent memory. Steve Spurrier turned a rebuilding year into what would have been an SEC championship if we were eligible. Ron Zook kept us at 8 wins a season for the most part after taking over from Spurrier. Zook did not recruit much differently from Spurrier. Then came Meyer. He recruited drastically different from Zook or Spurrier, and we are seeing the effects of that now. Meyer brought us two championships using athletes with attitudes. It will take a while to purge those guys and keep just the ones that meet Muschamp's standards for the Gator Way.

I got caught up in the "we just might surprise the world" fever, but I am settling down into the reserved optimism/ realism of the situation. Not only are we a young team, we are a young team not 100% suited to the new regime. Wait another year and we will see.

Case in point: Driskel versus Brissett. Driskel was recruited by Meyer and would have been a great fit for the Meyer offense. The jury is still out on whether he will fit the Muschamp offense. Brissett was recruited for the Muschamp offense.

Driskel: 7/16, 73 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 57.1 RAT
Brissett: 8/14, 94 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 108.4 RAT

It is a little early, and we are comparing apples to oranges with mop-up duty to an actual start, but I was impressed with Brissett in his start. That one INT, Debose could have fought for the ball from Honey Badger and turned the momentum our way. It was an alright throw.

Both of those guys can stay on my roster of 70. Robison is on his way off my roster.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey, E-...just here for a moment or two to post thread ("Dr.'s Rx..."), which covers similar ground in my own inimitable way--I'd already noted we were ALL heading in the same direction; it's just gonna take some time and clear-eyed patience.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dru you already back!? wasnt much of a "break" :D
Yeah, man--you "warned" me, and you were at least PARTLY right--that "loser"-thing was going around in my head, so I decided to respond with that thread ("DR.'S Rx...")...there's so much else here I COULD respond to but I'm not really ready, not fully "back" yet, ya know? I HAD to say a FEW things though--and I'm glad I did, after seeing how down some of us are (...like, I sure want SP to know he's got no reason to be "eating crow"--tho' we ALL know that feeling, when it seems in a drubbing's aftermath that our "optimism" was misplaced, at best--and wonder how we could be so wrong).
Just like the team itself, we don't get on ourselves or each other. We face facts, lick our wounds, learn from it and move on.
There are all kinds of lessons here.
Neitzche said, "What does not kill me makes me stronger". He would have made a good College Football Head Coach.
(Well, maybe not--but you get my point...or at least I made you laugh?;))

mjfan23

VIP Member
Ha Touche' good sir.

Muschamps monday conference was decent. Basically said the starter is unknown yet, but he would lean towards briskell. As far as tackling he said hes going to find people who want to do it and play them.. When asked about the RB issues, he said demps shouldnt be limited, and gillislee needs more touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema