• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

nuggetts of gold!

preachinGator

VIP Member
-QB Tim Tebow earned SEC Offensive Player of the Week honors after setting career highs in completions (20), pass attempts (34) and rushing attempts (27) and set a school record for rushing yards by a quarterback (166) in a 30-24 win at Ole Miss.

--DE Derrick Harvey was the coaching staff's choice as player of the game at Ole Miss after registering two tackles for loss and a sack among his four tackles. He has 15 career sacks and needs 1.5 more to move into Florida's all-time Top 10.

SCOUTING THE OFFENSE
Florida leads the SEC and is sixth nationally in scoring at 49.3 points per game. Oklahoma is the only other offense in the country averaging at least 237 yards rushing and 274 yards passing per game. Florida's streak of four straight games with 500-plus yards of total offense is its longest since 2001.

SCOUTING THE DEFENSE
The Gators have shut out three of four opponents in the fourth quarter. Opponents are 0-for-4 on third-and-one this season and have scored just two touchdowns on their last nine trips into the red zone. Florida has held six of its last eight opponents to under 60 yards rushing, dating back to last season.

QUOTE TO NOTE
"I guess we could go out to practice and run a bunch of gassers if I had an ignorant team. But we don't have that. We have a team that wants to win and needs to understand if you lose 200 yards on penalties, you will lose the game." -- Florida coach Urban Meyer.

Copyright (C) 2007 The Sports Xchange. All Rights Reserved

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
From that Meyer quote, I get the feeling that he is drilling the team for all those penalties. The Gators simple can't afford that many mistakes against top tier teams and expect to win.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema