• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

No. 5 Women's Golf, Chudy Crowned Champions at Lady Gator Invitational

[FONT=&quot]Gainesville, Fla.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - Florida recorded the lowest tournament total in school history and senior Tiffany Chudy (Miramar, Fla.) won her first career title at the Lady Gator Invitational Sunday at the Mark Bostick Golf Course. The Lady Gators captured a title at their home tournament for the sixth time in nine years and their 16th championship in 36 years. All five Florida individuals in the rotation placed in the top 10. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]UF posted a three-round score of 849, a 16-stroke difference from the previous record, to shatter marks of 865 from the Mercedes-Benz Collegiate Classic in the fall and the 1985 Ryder Championships. Chudy broke Sandra Gal’s low tournament score she set last season at the 2007 Lady Gator Invitational (210) by one stroke with a 1-under par 209. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“We struggled a little bit today but when it comes down to it, they played some of the best back-to-back-to back rounds of golf,” said head coach Jill Briles-Hinton. “Tiffany did a fantastic job after a bogey, she bounced back and we were able to take it just one shot at a time. The team responded well on all three days and really put it together.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sunshine was abundant as the greens continued to dry out throughout the morning and players had to continue to adjust to the speed of the greens.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Chudy fired her third straight round of even par or better with an even 70. She was consistent in the final round, firing two birdies and two bogeys. Chudy took over the lead for good when runner-up Cindy LaCrosse double-bogeyed her eighth hole. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]LaCrosse gave Chudy an early scare, scoring birdies on her first two holes to pull even, but the double-bogey proved to be the clinching factor as Chudy stayed steady on the back nine to collect her first individual title.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“I was pleased that I played very well but I have to give credit to (Louisville runner-up) Cindy (LaCrosse) for playing a great tournament,” Chudy said. “I wasn’t thinking about winning but sticking with my plan and hoped that I would come out with a low score and I did. The greens were double-cut and rolled and made everything faster but my mentality was to come out and relax.” [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Senior Whitney Myers (East Berlin, Pa.) also received crystal hardware with a third-place finish. Myers was disappointed with her 2-over par 72 in the final round but was proud of the team effort. She and Chudy have been a part of three Lady Gator Invitational championship teams during their careers.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“I wasn’t too happy with the way I played but the team did more than their part,” Myers said. She added, “I am very happy I can replace my keychain because I broke the one I had from last year. We started and finished together and get ready for what’s next.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Freshman Hannah Yun (Bradenton, Fla.) had nine straight pars to open up her final round and closed out at 2-over par on the day and 4-over par in the event. She placed in a tie for fourth with Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge medalist Natalie Sheary (Wake Forest), garnering a top-10 finish in her second collegiate event. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Redshirt junior Ornella Jouven (La Ciotat, France) also placed in the top 10, finishing in a tie for seventh. She was able to match her score of 72 from second-round play on Saturday and wound up with two birdies on the front nine. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Freshman Jessica Yadloczky (Casselberry, Fla.) was able to place in a tie for ninth, closing out with seven consecutive pars. After rounds of even par and 1-over in her second round, she had unusual struggles, taking a double bogey on the third hole and was unable to get on track. For Yadloczky, it still marked her third consecutive top-10 finish this year.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The fifth-ranked Lady Gators will enjoy an extended period of rest before resuming competition at the UCF Challenge in Orlando March 9-11 at the Red Tail Country Club.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Florida Scoring[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 – Tiffany Chudy (69-70-70—209)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 – Whitney Myers (70-71-72—213)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T4 – Hannah Yun (71-71-72—214)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T7 – Ornella Jouven (73-72-72—217)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T9 – Jessica Yadloczky (70-71-77—218)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T23 – Eleanor Tucker (78-67-78—223)*[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T38 – CJ Kim (79-75-76—230)*[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T38 – Nicole Schachner (76-76-78—230)*[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]71 – Laura Erzisnisk (79-80-82—241)*[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]*competing as individual[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Team Scoring[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 – Florida (280-283-286—849)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 – Louisville (290-286-296—872)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 – Wake Forest (301-295-279--875)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4 – Ole Miss (293-292-307—892)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 – North Carolina (292-310-296—898)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 – Georgia State (299-301-299—899)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7 – UNC-Greensboro (312-301-302—915)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8 – Augusta State (305-305-307—917)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9 – Oregon (321-295-303—919)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T10 – South Florida (306-302-312—920)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]T10– Colorado (312-309-299—920)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 – UT-Chattanooga (308-310-304—922)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]13 - Kentucky (313-298-316—927)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14 – FIU (310-311-314—935)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15 – Florida Atlantic (320-311-312)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://gatorzone.com/story.php?id=13455&html=golf/women/news/20080224040400.html&sport=golfw
[/FONT]

P

pretty women

Gainesville, Fla. - Florida recorded the lowest tournament total in school history and senior Tiffany Chudy (Miramar, Fla.) won her first career title at the Lady Gator Invitational Sunday at the Mark Bostick Golf Course. The Lady Gators captured a title at their home tournament for the sixth time in nine years and their 16th championship in 36 years. All five Florida individuals in the rotation placed in the top 10.

UF posted a three-round score of 849, a 16-stroke difference from the previous record, to shatter marks of 865 from the Mercedes-Benz Collegiate Classic in the fall and the 1985 Ryder Championships. Chudy broke Sandra Gal’s low tournament score she set last season at the 2007 Lady Gator Invitational (210) by one stroke with a 1-under par 209.

“We struggled a little bit today but when it comes down to it, they played some of the best back-to-back-to back rounds of golf,” said head coach Jill Briles-Hinton. “Tiffany did a fantastic job after a bogey, she bounced back and we were able to take it just one shot at a time. The team responded well on all three days and really put it together.”

Sunshine was abundant as the greens continued to dry out throughout the morning and players had to continue to adjust to the speed of the greens.

Chudy fired her third straight round of even par or better with an even 70. She was consistent in the final round, firing two birdies and two bogeys. Chudy took over the lead for good when runner-up Cindy LaCrosse double-bogeyed her eighth hole.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema