• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

No. 1 Gators vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The Mississippi State Bulldogs are hosting our Florida Gators tomorrow night for a 7:30 PM kickoff. The Bulldogs are unranked and have a 3-4 overall record. The only SEC opponent they have beaten was Vanderbilt, and that's not saying much. Mississippi State's head coach is former Florida Gator offensive coordinator Dan Mullen. He's only in his first year, so he isn't really expected to go out there and win the SEC West right away. But the Gators can't take this opponent lightly. Mullen knows them all to well. He knows all their strengths and all their weaknesses.

In fact, Mullen and Gator quarterback Tim Tebow still talk from time to time. "We were close," Tebow said. "I don't think it was necessarily that tough (losing him). It was because we missed him, we wanted him here. But at the same time, I knew that he wanted a head coaching job. He wanted that next goal, that next task, that next thing that he could go out there and accomplish, and that was being a head coach." Coach Mullen confirmed.

"I've always kind of had those kind of guys that really want to spend extra time in the office trying to become better players. That's kind of where it went," Mullen said. "For Tim and I, Tim is one of those players who wants to be the best he can be, so he would spend as much time around as he could, trying to learn. And when you spend that much time together, obviously you get a great relationship."

The Gators have a 3-2 record vs. the Bulldogs over their last five meetings. But the last time they played was in 2005, so these are obviously two very different teams. The Bulldogs are 4th in the SEC in rushing, averaging 219 yards per game, led by Anthony Dixon's 696 yards. The Bulldog defense is middle of the road at best. They've given up 30+ points four times this season, and every one of those games they lost. Their defense is led by Pernell McPhee, who has six tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks, and K.J. Wright who leads the defense with 47 tackles. They will test the Gator offense, but I'm not sure they can contain it.

A lot of Gator fans have been upset over the past few weeks with the offense. There is no fire power and rarely are they going downfield for a quick score. I want to see agression. I don't want to see conservative play calling. The want the Gators to run from sideline to sideline and use all that speed they recruited.

Would it be wrong for me to predict Tim Tebow to go over 300 yards passing for the first time this season? I think I've predicted it like 4 times this season already and it hasn't happened. The Gators will probably try to run the ball a lot, but will fail to give it to Moody more than 5 times. I can see Rainey and Demps each getting 8-9 carries, but ultimately it will still be team who leads the team in carries... maybe 14 ?

I see a final game score of 31-10. How about you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema