• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

National Signing Day 2010

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Besides all the early enrollees - 11 of them - Chris Dunkley and Dominique Easley have their LOI's in already (7:45 am ET)

Michael McFarland, Cody Riggs, Jonathan Dowling and Tyler Murphy in (8:00 am ET)

Quinton Dunbar in (8:09 am)

Gideon Ajagbe in (8:19 am)

Mack Brown in at 8:25 am (so much for all the SOW rumors yesterday)

** Folks, if you have a Twitter account and follow the main Gator posters, you can keep up-to-date with the latest. PM me if you need some names!**

**Coach Meyer will he holding a post-NSD presser at 4 pm today.**

Sharrif Floyd in (8:35 am)

Michael Taylor in (8:42 am)

Just received a tweet that Darrin Kitchens is commiting to UF and will announce at a presser later today.

According to Ed Aschoff at the Gainesville Sun and Adam Silverstein at OGGOA, Lynden Trail faxed in his LOI. Found out on Twitter that it was @9:19 am.

As of 9:30 am we're waiting on Ronald Powell and Travon Van; they're in the Pacific time zone where it's only @6:30 am right now.

Got a tweet from Brady Ackerman; Jamie Newberg at ESPN is predicting Chaz Green and Adrian Coxson to UF, but nothing official has come through on either of them yet.

Providence OL Tucker Blanton accepts a preferred walk-on with UF, per Twitter.

If Todd McShay was the one on ESPNU saying UF "could lose their head coach", he's a putz. Joe Schad pretty much alluded to the fact that he's coming back (he's live in Gainesville right now). I swear at certain times the media makes me want to hurl because of all of their nonsense. I really wish they'd stick to just reporting the news instead of trying to start up controversy.

So much for my rant; at this time (10:13 am ET) Florida still has the #1 class.

Ronald Powell just faxed in his LOI at 10:55 am; now everybody can breathe a sigh of relief.

With the way these ESPNU reporters are drooling over Lane Kiffin, I may need an Alka-Seltzer later on. They seem to think he's the cat's pajamas for some reason.

According to a tweet from Adam at OGGOA, we're likely to get Chaz Green and Adrian Coxson but he's waiting for confirmation on those two.

All our five-stars have signed with the Gators - is that a coup, or what?

At 11:30 am, Scout.com is reporting that Coxson's a Gator. We're still waiting on Van and Chaz Green at this point.

Per Ben Volin's latest tweet (11:34 am) Chaz Green is coming to Florida but it hasn't been officially confirmed.

At 11:39 am, Travon Van faxed in his LOI; Darrin Kitchens' LOI in at 11:47. Still waiting on Coxson's and for Chaz Green to make an official announcement.

WTF is McShay's problem with UF? He was giving Tom Luginbill a weird look because he was praiseworthy of the UF program. Geez, I'm beginning to think McShay and Slimebaum came from the same mold.

12:05 PM: Ben Volin reporting that Green and Coxson faxed in their LOI's; Scout.com seconding the news on Coxson.

12:38 pm: Ed Aschoff confirming Coxson's a Gator; he posted an article @12:15 pm stating that. Per his blog post yesterday regarding signing times, he states that Chaz Green is expected to make it official @3:30 pm. If anything comes into Twitter earlier, I'll update - but I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

2:30 pm: Still waiting on official word from Chaz Green; also, anxious to see where Seantrel Henderson winds up. OGGOA is predicting scUM for him; he's also considering USCw, Florida, Notre Dame and Ohio State.

I'm willing to bet Urban Meyer's a VERY happy camper right about now!

2:45 pm: McShay's still being a jerk, but he'll wind up with egg on his face just like Slimebaum and Tim Brando did. Tweet from Alligator Army: "McShay making fun of Owa Odighizuwa's speech before an UCLA pick." Totally unprofessional.

If any of you get ESPNU, there'll be an interview w/ Ronald Powell coming up. Hoping that maybe they'll air Coach Meyer's presser as well. (I've had it on here since this morning.)

3:10 pm: Chaz Green about to make it official; 20 more minutes......(McShay, keep your pie hole shut!)

3:15 pm: Gator Country saying Chaz Green in. (BTW, did I mention that Twitter rocks?)

3:30 pm: Todd McShay has the Jerk-O-Meter locked at 11+; Mark May could win the Motormouth of the Year award. It baffles me where ESPN digs up these clowns from.

It's official; Chaz Green is a GATOR. Nice to see that Gator Chomp!

Seantrel Henderson bumped his announcement back to 5:30 PM; is there a possibility that Florida's still in the running?

3:45 pm: Coach Meyer's presser in 15 minutes. Ronald Powell coming up on ESPNU live.

3:51 pm: Love that "Go Gators" at the end of Powell's interview; I'm sure the trolls will play grammar police over his saying "Being able to play in the SEC - it don't get no better." Joe Schad making McShay look like an even bigger idiot; Joe's in Hoggetowne for NSD today.

Schad reports that Urban Meyer plans to reiterate his desire and resolve to coach the Gators in the fall. Up yours, McShay!

4:00 pm: Was hoping ESPNU would carry Meyer's presser; instead, they have a phone interview w/ Kirk Herbstreit. Bummer. Will post a link to the transcript once it's posted on one of the main Florida sites, though.

Am really looking forward to what Hollywood Bob has to say tomorrow night!

5:00 pm: ESPNU's Lowell Galindo just wrapped up a live interview w/ Coach Meyer. Twice Meyer noted that he will be back for the start of next football season (so much for McShay's BS). IMHO he looks much better!

Noted that the defensive line is one of the best he's ever seen.

He's very pleased with the work ethic and leadership qualities of this class.

Mack Brown excites him the most - praised his classy family; said he's a hard worker.

As far as his health goes, he's "doing fine".

Meyer loves recruiting; he's into "good guys and good people".

Stressed the importance of frequent phone calls to recruits and those not making enough calls aren't doing their job.

This is one of the closest groups who legitimately care about each other; he brought up how long he's known Matt Elam. There's legitimate caring between coaches and the players.
(BTW, his LOA begins tomorrow.)

gatorguy007

Gator Fan
Funny Gator Shirt Hating on Kiffin...

I can't seem to figure out why Kiffn gets so much love from the national media because he really hasn't done anything but embarrass himself since he's been relevant.

I bought the funniest Gator shirt slamming Kiffin from http://www.WrongSportsShirts.com but for some reason they don’t have any Gator gear listed on their current site.

The shirt I bought said "Kiffin is a sex offender" and while I realize this doesn't really make sense; it is still hilarious.

I am pretty much a fan of anything bashing the guy.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I can't seem to figure out why Kiffn gets so much love from the national media because he really hasn't done anything but embarrass himself since he's been relevant.

I bought the funniest Gator shirt slamming Kiffin from http://www.WrongSportsShirts.com but for some reason they don’t have any Gator gear listed on their current site.

The shirt I bought said "Kiffin is a sex offender" and while I realize this doesn't really make sense; it is still hilarious.

I am pretty much a fan of anything bashing the guy.

Ya know, I'm actually going to enjoy a Kiffin-free SEC this coming fall. I'm still waiting for another gaffe of his to come out of his mouth to poke fun at.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema