• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Murphy lobbying brother to UF

News Bot

News Bot
With Alex Murphy’s decision to leave Duke due to playing time issues, the 6-foot-9 forward will have plenty of suitors.

One person who wouldn’t mind seeing Murphy follow in his footsteps at Florida his older brother, former Gators and current Chicago Bulls forward Erik Murphy.

“I would love to see him go to Florida, but it’s his decision,” Erik Murphy told SNY.tv before the Chicago Bulls played the New York Knicks on Wednesday night. “He’s going to come to the conclusion that he wants to and hopefully, it works out for him this time.”

Alex Murphy hasn’t set any visits to schools yet, but I’m told there’s mutual interest on both sides. In 2011, Florida was among Alex Murphy’s final choices before he decided to go Durham and play for legendary coach Mike Krzyzewski. Here’s what Alex Murphy had to say about Florida at the time of his decision: “I liked the campus and I liked Coach (Billy Donovan. At the end of the day, it was the close relationship I developed with Coach K. I had a gut feeling. Talking with him last year and visiting the campus in January, I just felt so comfortable with the players and the coaches.”

A redshirt sophomore, Alex Murphy came out of high school the 15th-ranked player in the Class of 2012. He was projected as more skilled on the perimeter than his older brother and a better ball-handler. As a freshman at Duke, Murphy red-shirted due to concussion issues and played sparingly the past two seasons with the Blue Devils. But considering the uncertain status of junior center Damontre Harris, Murphy, a hybrid small/power forward, could provide much needed depth to UF’s frontcourt in the future if he chooses to transfer to Florida. The Gators will lose their entire senior starting frontline of Patric Young, Will Yeguete and Casey Prather next season.

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema