• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Murphy, Larson enrolled in summer school, still suspended

News Bot

News Bot
Suspended Florida forwards Erik Murphy and Cody Larson are enrolled in summer school.
But Florida coach Billy Donovan said their status remains unchanged. Larson and Murphy were suspended from the team indefinitely last April for allegedly trying to break into a car in St. Augustine. Charges were reduced from felony burglary to misdemeanor criminal trespass.
“They are here for summer school,” Donovan said. “They will be doing some workouts. Hopefully we will have some kind of resolution to this soon but how long I don’t know.”
Larson’s attorney entered a written plea of not guilty in St. John’s County court earlier this month. Murphy had a court appearance scheduled for earlier this month postponed to an undetermined date.
Other SEC notes:
– Kentucky coach John Calipari signed an 8 year, 36.5 million contract extension. Calipari, 52, said he could envision retiring following the contract. “I don’t see myself coaching in my 70s,” Calipari said. “I don’t want my tombstone to read my won-loss record.”
– When asked whether his contract was binding at Kentucky or if he would consider pursuing NBA offers, Calipari responded: “There’s buyouts and all that kind of stuff in there but I’m excited about being here. I’m happy with this opportunity. It took me a long time to get to a place like Kentucky.”
– Georgia coach Mark Fox said he considers Vanderbilt a legitimate Final Four contender next season. Top scorers Jeffery Taylor, Festus Ezeli and John Jenkins all decided to return to the Commodores rather than put their names in the NBA draft. “They have a great backcourt, terrific wing play and great shooting,” Fox said. “They have an NBA center, a couple of good posts and a good bench. So I think, looking at the ingredients of a team, there’s not much missing from their team.”
– New Arkansas coach Mike Anderson said he wasn’t surprised that junior shooting guard Rotnei Clarke decided to transfer, “You always expect the unexpected,” Anderson said.
– Mississippi State forward Renardo Sidney is spending the summer in Houston working with former NBA coach John Lucas on his conditioning, “He’s done well from what we’ve been told,” Sidney said. “We haven’t had a chance to watch him play.”

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema