• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mullen MSU coach

Leakfan12

VIP Member
i dont want him coaching in the NC game, idk why i just dont like the idea of the head coach of miss st. coaching us. i doubt he will tho

shouldnt effect us too much tho, this is urbans offense he can run it

Did you miss the post about how Meyer coached Utah in the Fiesta Bowl in 2005 when he was already hired as Gators coach?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I'm happy for Mullen to get the MSU job, I just pray he doesn't leave before the National Championship Game. We don't need an distractions.

Agreed; if Bo Pelini could stay with LSU last year for their NC before he left for Nebraska, there's no reason why Dan Mullen can't give the Gators the same courtesy.

Good blog entry by Jeremy Thomas at the Orlando Sentinel regarding Mullen to MSU: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2008/12/mullens-bowl-st.html

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Mullen arrives @ msu

image.php
image.php

image.php

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
From a msu dawg reporter .. on radio.... "part of the deal msu made w/ Mullen is to be able to finish out and coach on 01.08.09".....
He potentially will be taking 2 of his assistant coaches with him
I guess we have to wait for the next press conference.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
From a msu dawg reporter .. on radio.... "part of the deal msu made w/ Mullen is to be able to finish out and coach on 01.08.09".....
He potentially will be taking 2 of his assistant coaches with him
I guess we have to wait for the next press conference.

Sounds that way - if that's true about his finishing out the season with us as part of the deal, we can breathe a little easier.

That's why I dismiss rumors as just that. Either I want to hear things stright from the horse's mouth, or from somebody in an official position who will state the facts - not some idiot who will read too much into something, spin the story in a different way to stir up controversy or just plain stir the pot for nothing better to do.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Looks like MSU is really happy with their new coach...and I don't blame them at all.

Our future against Mississippi teams is not looking any brighter.

At least Trey Burton is still 100% commited.. He has helped with recruiting by calling and becoming friends with most of the 2010 commits and prospects considering Florida.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
From what the ESPN tickertape said last night, Mullen wants to stay with UF and coach in the National championship game; he has the blessing of the Miss. State AD to do so, but needs to clarify his reponsibilities with Coach Meyer. The likelihood of his staying on until after 1/8/09 seems more favorable, but nothing's etched in stone as of yet.

Tim Tebow also alluded to the same thing last night: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2008/12/tebow-says-mull.html

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I think he has a lot invested in the Gator Football program to just turn away from it at such a historic time in the program.
Those ties that bind are hopefully strong enough to withstand the demands he is facing now.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Another name to consider for the OC opening: Gregg Brandon, former Bowling Green head coach who, along with Meyer, was one of the innovators of the Spread offense. They both worked together at the same school, so it wouldn't be hard for them to re-eatablish a working relationship.

Another name to consider for the OC opening: Gregg Brandon, former Bowling Green head coach who, along with Meyer, was one of the innovators of the Spread offense. They both worked together at the same school, so it wouldn't be hard for them to re-eatablish a working relationship.

yah i just read about him, Clawson replaces him at BG

shandsgator8

VIP Member
So I read on ESPN that Mullen likely won't call plays against OU. Instead there might be a "playcalling by committee."

This doesn't look good if you ask me...

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
So I read on ESPN that Mullen likely won't call plays against OU. Instead there might be a "playcalling by committee."

This doesn't look good if you ask me...

We should be fine; Meyer is wise and finds a solution to sticky situations. We could see one of the other assistants up in the booth - probably Gonzales, that would be the most logical choice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema