• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mea Culpa. Mea Culpa. Mea Maxima Culpa.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Look, I realize and understand y’all might think I’m babbling somewhat there towards the end of my comments during today’s game. Searching for “sardonic humor” (the only “humor” I had any inclination towards, at that point) as the last few grains of hope bounced through the hole-in-the-hourglass in so unceremonious fashion earlier this afternoon and we were left to face the empty, echoing ruins of what has turned out to be the ILLUSION of talent, promise and pending greatness coming INTO the season...well, all I had LEFT were jokes about relativity and the like.
Sorry: Pretty weak stuff in the end, I suppose.
USELESS, if it doesn’t connect.
We deserve better—but THAT’S LIFE in the SEC, right?
“Go big or go home!”
WE continue to shrink.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
It could always be worse.
4A7B143A-E075-487A-AD74-69D5E17236EC.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not quite, there's 1979, losing to Georgia Southern, 1980 Georgia, 2009 SEC Championship among others. Heck, this isn't the painful Georgia loss.
Oh GOD, Lf... you’re hitting some of my very OWN “worst Gator moments” now!
But you’re right:
This ISN’T “the worst Georgia loss”: We DID EXPECT to lose it, and lose it badly, after all.
Still, the WAY we lost it, suddenly collapsing in the last two minutes of the first half after playing them straight UP (and on DEFENSE mostly) most of the first coupla quarters too!
And simply never gave a SIGN we would come back after that, either. Simply, suddenly gave it all away, then gave up—symbolically emblematic of our whole 2021 SEASON!
THAT’S what eats ME up so bad here! How bout y’all??!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
True. This is not the worst Gator loss, but the meme was funnier this way. However, with the advent of the Internet and social media, this really is the worst loss I have experienced on social media. I might be taking a break from the Internet until the Gator Nation calms down.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
True. This is not the worst Gator loss, but the meme was funnier this way. However, with the advent of the Internet and social media, this really is the worst loss I have experienced on social media. I might be taking a break from the Internet until the Gator Nation calms down.
Yeah—I’ve been going back and forth on this very point:
A part of me is ready to “pull back” for a while at LEAST, very much WANTS to do so.
I understand the anger, disappointment and frustration.
I keep getting sucked in by the headlines—in some cases it’s what is said IN these that angered me, sometimes it’s the headlines themselves.
I’d have dismissed it ALL by now, except for those images of POUNCEY standing alone on the field down at one end of the Gator Bowl, in front of remaining Gator band and fans post-game Saturday:
“Where’s Mullen and the rest of the TEAM?!!” kept echoing in my head.
I hadn’t been watching by the end myself; got a text from someone who asked, “You seeing this?!!” that referred me to the scenes on-field that were being shown online from back in Jacksonville.
THAT’S what (at least for ME) lent credence to some of the most extreme reaction to the loss, and the behavior/culpability of our Head Coach.
Alright, I may in fact be victim to my own over-reactive “first impression” tendencies:
I felt shame. Then anger.
My first fully-formed coherent thought was, “He should KNOW better!”. Followed by things like, “Not ‘a Gator’ after ALL!”, and “More an ‘Urban Meyer’ kind of move: Go off and sulk, never MIND what your team might need right then!”.
At that point, I TOO thought maybe it WAS “time for a change” after all! But logic, reason and the wisdom of a calmer overview eventually asserted itself.
What were the wider, deeper circumstances and context that set the stage here? Let’s hear what the man has to say. And what were truly the alternatives, anyway? In the light of day, a clear and level-headed consideration of what can and should be done FOR THE HOPE AND SAKE OF THE PROGRAM must be the guiding premise in contemplating any drastic “Next Steps”.
And that’s where we’re at, where we’re headed now.
One more thing worth noting:
Many of the articles, overviews and commentary surfacing and being focused on now are NOT particularly “up to the moment”.
It’s worth noting the DATES attached to them: In many cases they are days, weeks, in some cases MONTHS old.
There are people out there who have “axes to grind”; unlike you or me, they have a certain set of views, of arguments and outright longer-termed GRIPES that go far beyond maybe a stunned Gator-fan’s current frayed nerves and inner-emptiness.
My advice is to adapt more a “wait and see” state-of-mind!
Let’s just WAIT and SEE what our Coach has to say, what moves are actually made in coming days, how the team responds—and beyond, yo how this season finishes up.
What else can we DO now, really? Nothing’s gonna “fix” THIS season! But we SHOULD get an idea of where it’s all headed—and where the best “cause for HOPE” lies!
As Gators, THAT is what we all really care about, finally.
I gotta believe that still includes our Coach. Until he truly shows otherwise, personally I’M gonna try to RELAX, RIDE THIS OUT.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema