• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

McKenzie Milton?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Just because it is on the Internet it does not mean it is a thing. If you watch carefully you can see that Dan Mullen and Brian Johnson are recruiting the Sunshine State first. One thing Urban Meyer did well was get in with the local and regional high schools. That is how you build a recruiting base that will endure multiple years. Emory Jones, Anthony Richardson, and Carlos Del Rio are all developed locally or regionally with high school or personal coaches. The Gators will prioritize QBs from those pipelines, which is why they went after Carson Beck last year. Beck and Richardson use the same personal coach, Denny Thompson of 6 Points Jacksonville. Dan Mullen has used zero transfer QBs as starting QBs in his career as QB coach or head coach. He prefers to develop his own coaches. In cases where he inherits another coach's QB he tends to go with a 2-QB system (see Chris Leak/ Josh Portis, Chris Leak/ Tim Tebow, Kyle Trask/ Emory Jones). Feleipe Franks is the exception to the rule when it comes to using a full-time, 2-QB system when inheriting a QB.

McKenzie Milton is a complete outsider to UF's preferred pipelines. Milton would probably flourish under Lane Kiffin or Mike Leach. Leach is a better fit in terms of personal connections, since he coached Milton's coach, Josh Heupel, 22 years ago at Oklahoma.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Guessing Myles Brennan is out of the question (I predict he's transferring). I agree I do prefer those who started in the program though The Gators did have Luke Del Rio and Austin Appleby and Malik Zaire in recent history. Plus, I doubt Mullen would screw over Jones with a transfer student-athlete (maybe with Richardson depending what happens in 2021), Jones is his highest-ranked QB recruit. He going to give him chance to start (again depending on the QB battle). Also, Milton is going to FSU.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just because it is on the Internet it does not mean it is a thing. If you watch carefully you can see that Dan Mullen and Brian Johnson are recruiting the Sunshine State first. One thing Urban Meyer did well was get in with the local and regional high schools. That is how you build a recruiting base that will endure multiple years. Emory Jones, Anthony Richardson, and Carlos Del Rio are all developed locally or regionally with high school or personal coaches. The Gators will prioritize QBs from those pipelines, which is why they went after Carson Beck last year. Beck and Richardson use the same personal coach, Denny Thompson of 6 Points Jacksonville. Dan Mullen has used zero transfer QBs as starting QBs in his career as QB coach or head coach. He prefers to develop his own coaches. In cases where he inherits another coach's QB he tends to go with a 2-QB system (see Chris Leak/ Josh Portis, Chris Leak/ Tim Tebow, Kyle Trask/ Emory Jones). Feleipe Franks is the exception to the rule when it comes to using a full-time, 2-QB system when inheriting a QB.

McKenzie Milton is a complete outsider to UF's preferred pipelines. Milton would probably flourish under Lane Kiffin or Mike Leach. Leach is a better fit in terms of personal connections, since he coached Milton's coach, Josh Heupel, 22 years ago at Oklahoma.
Guessing Myles Brennan is out of the question (I predict he's transferring). I agree I do prefer those who started in the program though The Gators did have Luke Del Rio and Austin Appleby and Malik Zaire in recent history. Plus, I doubt Mullen would screw over Jones with a transfer student-athlete (maybe with Richardson depending what happens in 2021), Jones is his highest-ranked QB recruit. He going to give him chance to start (again depending on the QB battle). Also, Milton is going to FSU.
Mullen will ULTIMATELY do WHATEVER HE THINKS NEEDS DOING in order to get this team and PROGRAM fully back on track ASAP and driving towards the top and STAYING THERE!
Now, having SAID that, there come the actual complicated, endlessly detailed questions of exactly what that will entail!
Practically speaking, all you both say in analyses, based on his philosophy, history, contacts and previous patterns of behavior, would seem to indicate, well, “likely moves”...
Here is “WHERE WE ARE HEADED:”

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema