• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Marcus Gilbert / Phil Trautwein / Maurkice Pouncey

GatorVirgin

VIP Member
Hi Y'all ....remember I'm still new and not completely familiar with all the players yet so I'm wondering what y'all think about this part of an article that was in the Miami Herald?

OFFENSIVE CONCERNS

Meyer said Sunday that the time has come for redshirt freshman offensive lineman Marcus Gilbert (Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas) to develop into a possible replacement for injured senior Phil Trautwein, who is sidelined with a stress fracture in his foot and will be unavailable for several weeks -- and might miss the season.

Freshman Maurkice Pouncey filled in for Trautwein on Saturday but Meyer said Sunday that Pouncey might not be the permanent solution.

''We felt Maurkice Pouncey played hard but made some errors,'' Meyer said. ``Right now Gilbert and Carl Johnson should be much more advanced than where they are and I'm disappointed in that. We're going to turn up the pressure on those guys to get involved.''

What do you all think about this.....is it a good solution or do you think Pouncey will be the ticket?

Just curious.....

Go Gators!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema