• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Announcement Let someone know you mentioned them in a post... Tag Em'

robdog

Gator Fan
With all new football seasons, I try to give you guys a few new features before the start of next season. SO now if you want to get someone's attention to a thread, simple TAG them: DRU2012.

They will get an alert and let them know someone mentioned them in a thread. :)

I have another feature that I will be rolling out later this week to really expand the LIKE functionality and I may or may not be working on a new theme... ;)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
With all new football seasons, I try to give you guys a few new features before the start of next season. SO now if you want to get someone's attention to a thread, simple TAG them: DRU2012.

They will get an alert and let them know someone mentioned them in a thread. :)

I have another feature that I will be rolling out later this week to really expand the LIKE functionality and I may or may not be working on a new theme... ;)

So--since I am a little "thick" when it comes to this sort of thing sometimes--how exactly is the "TAG" function activated?
Does each of us (as was revealed here only when I hit "Reply") literally enter the following to TAG someone?:
(I think I may have just "answered my own Q--but I'll try to get this to post for everyone ELSES benefit--try it! ...Only TAKE OUT THE QUOTES, AND ALL THE SPACES BETWEEN THE BRACKETS, EQUAL SIGN AND EVERYTHING ELSE--ie. no spaces--and of course put in the username of whomever you are tagging)
" [ USER = 2084 ] username [ /USER ] "
Robdog: is this the way it is supposed to work...or is there some "button" to click on that I'm missing, something we hit BEFORE entering the name of whomever we mention? ...OR something else, something involving those "USER-"numbers I'm seeing there, that is involved?
Sorry if I'm over-complicating this, but I like the function and want to know how to use it (though I suspect I'm gonna feel stupid when told how this works).

NOTE: OTHERWISE, I really love our "new look", etc., and want to thnk our "Fearless Leader" for all the work reflected here!

robdog

Gator Fan
If you want to tag someone, you will have to type a "@" and then start typing the user's name. A list will appear on the bottom left that you can choose from to help you complete the user name. It functions exactly the same way twitter does their mentioning between accounts.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Too bad I only view the site with Tapatalk. I don't get to use these cool features.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If you want to tag someone, you will have to type a "@" and then start typing the user's name. A list will appear on the bottom left that you can choose from to help you complete the user name. It functions exactly the same way twitter does their mentioning between accounts.
Again, Thanks, rd (..and yeah, I KNEW I was over-complicating this! Anyway, now everyone else can DISREGARD that "long, pain-on-the-butt-way" I wrote out, and follow the simple "@ --------" method.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema