• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Leak, nothing but a backup

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
i'm tired of hearing all the NFL "experts" saying Leak is going to be nothing but a good backup. if he gets on the right team (carolina might grab him) i think he can be a great starter, better than Rex

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
i'm tired of hearing all the NFL "experts" saying Leak is going to be nothing but a good backup. if he gets on the right team (carolina might grab him) i think he can be a great starter, better than Rex

If Joey Harrington can be a starter for a few years, so can Leak. If Weinke can be a starter and go 1-15, so can Leak. Leak can be a starter. They need to STFU with that Leak can't be a starter crap.

PS I didn't even mention Ryan Leaf.

carolinathru&thru

VIP Member
I think the NFL analysts are wrong. Leak is a good qb. He can definitely be a starter. But, I think NFL teams will be looking to draft him as a backup, unfortunately for him. But, he good work his way up in a team and become the starter for a team. But, I think Leak has a all the makin's to be a successful qb.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I couldn't agree more. All it takes is one injury and Leak could be thrown into the starting role. So what if he isn't 6'5". Neither was Flutie. Ya'll named a bunch of people that were starters in this league who are way worse than Chris.

It's all about productivity. And Chris has that.

Swampman

VIP Member
Leak can be someone just like David Garrard. They aren't built the same. But they can be backups with starting potential.

99G8R

Gator Fan
Leak can be someone just like David Garrard. They aren't built the same. But they can be backups with starting potential.

Leak is inconsistent- that is why he has "backup" status. If his inconsistency is due to the offensive coordinator shuffle he was subject to for 3 years then he will do fine. If not, then he will only be a backup.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema