• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Josh Adams

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Adams enters this weekend's series with LSU at McKethan Stadium with a sizzling bat. He leads Florida in six different offensive categories including average (.388), home runs (five), RBIs (30), hits (30), doubles (seven) and total bases (55). He is also 6-for-7 in stolen base attempts and his 30 RBIs are three shy of the SEC lead.

So this kid is a big time badass with a bat. My only worry is if he keeps this up, he'll be headed to the Majors after this season.

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
Adams is absolutely on fire. I didn't even think he was going to be in the starting lineup this year. I thought he would get some starts at a couple random positions, but not be the full time starter unless there was an injury. He has been a great surprise.

I thought the rule for going pro in baseball stated that once you started playing for a four-year university you weren't eligible for the draft for at least 2 or 3 years (I think 3, but maybe 2). For example, Figueroa was drafted in the 5th round out of high school but then I don't think he was even considered eligible to be drafted in this past year's draft. But I could be wrong on that, maybe you can leave at any time. Would be interesting if somebody wants to see what they can find about that rule. It's late now or I would do it.

ReelGatorDoc

Gator Fan
I think the rule is that you can leave directly out of high school to the pros, however if you step on campus to attend college, you must stay for 3 years, or turn 21.

I don't know how old Cole is, but he is very valuable. He does have a number of errors, but he seems so clutch the majority of the time.

I think Josh Adams is young, so should be with us for a couple more.

I saw where he hurt his ankle in today's game. Hope it's not too bad, the kid is gifted.:eek:

I went to the game on SUNDAY against LSU. I saw him get injured, it looked like it hurt. He fell right to the ground.

I paid 6$ for my ticket and sat right behind home plate :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema