• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is Meyer the top coach in college football?

JohnnyBGood

VIP Member
Where do you think Urban Meyer stands among the top coaches in college football today? Is he at the very top? I think if the NCAA started over and all the colleges had to pick from all the coaches in a big pool, that Meyer would probably be the first or second coach picked.

The only coach I can see being more coveted than Meyer, is Pete Carroll.

What do you think? Where would you rank Meyer among all the other coaches in the NCAA ?

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
I think Meyer needs to stay at one school for more than 2 years and show continued success before most people would consider him near the top. I think this is exactly where we are headed as I feel pretty good that Meyer will be at UF at least for the next few years and I don't see us having anything but success over that time. Another couple SEC titles and at least being close to winning some more national titles (top 5 finishes, BCS games, etc) and he can start to be considered.

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I agree though that if all teams had their pick at head coach that Meyer would be right at the top, but I don't think you can quite compare him to Stoops and even Tressel who have been at it for years.

Guys like Bowden have championships year after year and have been at it for 30+ years.

But honestly, I'd probably take Meyer above any other coach right now. The way he is recruiting is really impressing me. He just has to prove he can do it for a couple years.

ilovegators

VIP Member
I think he's the best Young couch in college football, and definitely top 5 among all active coaches, but like everyone else said.. you need to prove you can do it over an extended period of time before you can be called the greatest.

blueshoesnb

VIP Member
If I was the AD I would take him if I had first pick but it would be a tough choise over the likes of vest boy tressel, bowden, les miles, carroll, and the list goes on and on. college coaches are at a premium and if meyer wasnt so quick to pack his bags id get him in a heart beat but because he likes to move around, or lets hope that he did like to move around and has now found a home in gainsville, that makes it tough to pick him when it comes to guys like bowden who havent left the campus in 8 million years. but if I was at a school where I had the speedy players he needs in his offense and was pretty sure I could keep him atleast 3 years, id get him over anybody.

Niz3l

Gator Fan
Meyer is up there but I still say that Spurrier is the best coach in NCAA, followed by Pete Carroll. Lol and the defensive coordinator for UCLA rocks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema