• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Horrible offense

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Sorry, but Addazio won't be going anywhere.

As "terrible" as the offense may seem, they're still finding a way to get points on the board.

I agree we're putting points up, but it's risky to just keep squeaking by each week and then expect to play well when we play Alabama, LSU, or USCe.

What most of us can't figure out is why do we play so ultra-conservative when have some of the best athletes in the country on our roster?

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
who cares? their idiots! we won 2 titles!

we got real reasons to complain now about addazio

That's not the point. In spite of the fact that we won those titles, fans were bitching. I mean come on, there were calls for Dan Mullen's head back on '07.

Why complain when we're winning? Again, isn't winning enough? Why the need to be so nit-picky?

The Zooker

VIP Member
That's not the point. In spite of the fact that we won those titles, fans were bitching. I mean come on, there were calls for Dan Mullen's head back on '07.

Why complain when we're winning? Again, isn't winning enough? Why the need to be so nit-picky?

I think folks are just scared about the future. They know that Addazio's offense will cost us wins when we play teams that can match us athletically. They're also scared of what happens when high school recruits start realizing they don't want to be a part of this offense.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I think folks are just scared about the future. They know that Addazio's offense will cost us wins when we play teams that can match us athletically. They're also scared of what happens when high school recruits start realizing they don't want to be a part of this offense.

That's going a bit overboard. Folks were complaining about Dan Mullen's offense, but that didn't keep the recruits away. Addazio was with us all last season, and that sure didn't keep the recruits away. We went undefeated during the regular season last year and won a BCS bowl with an Addazio offense, and that didn't dissuade recruits from coming to UF.

The future will take care of itself, and the problem areas are being worked on. The main problem is that too many of our fans have not one iota of patience. We lost many of our power players and leaders after last season, and they're not easy to replace - but that doesn't mean that there are others who will step up and follow where they left off. We just brought in a stellar recruiting class that's just starting to show us what they're capable of, and they have a LOT of potential - with more experience we'll start to see results out there that they'll be a major part of.

Brantley's nervous out there; it's very plain to see that. Still, he handled himself well enough in spite of that in his first time out in a hostile stadium and he'll improve from here on out.

Things take time - but right now these kids need some room to breathe and to improve. That's not asking for too much.

tebow won a heisman in 07 our offense was awesome, mullen was great it was the defense that cost us all those games they were young and couldnt stop good offenses

so anybody bitchin about mullen is a idiot and i doubt there were many unless they didnt watch the freakin games and know how young our D was

and yes this terrible lookin offense will scare some recruits off if we dont get it looking alot better in the first half, its hard to watch thinkin they got better but nope another terrible first quarter

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
tebow won a heisman in 07 our offense was awesome, mullen was great it was the defense that cost us all those games they were young and couldnt stop good offenses

so anybody bitchin about mullen is a idiot and i doubt there were many unless they didnt watch the freakin games and know how young our D was

and yes this terrible lookin offense will scare some recruits off if we dont get it looking alot better in the first half, its hard to watch thinkin they got better but nope another terrible first quarter

Well., they DID complain about Mullen, and our offense wasn't strong in 2006, either - but that didn't scare recruits off. All this worrying is for nothing.

This team doesn't have to be picture-perfect to win games - what part of that do some Gator fans refuse to understand?

Perhaps the question should be to those always moaning about the play-calling and this so-called "vanilla" offense they don't like: Don't you think you're expecting way too much out of guys with not that much experience to speak of? Are your expectations way too unrealistic?

What most of us can't figure out is why do we play so ultra-conservative when have some of the best athletes in the country on our roster?

Three-word explanation: LACK OF EXPERIENCE.

Everybody frets about losing, but why open a bunch of inexperienced players up to the possibility of making mistakes that could be costly and ultimately cause a loss? With the exception of Demps and Moody, right now the vast majority of our offensive backs (including our wideouts) haven't racked up the gametime minutes - and when you think of it Brantley can also be included in that category since his playing time in 2009 was relegated to the closing minutes of the fourth quarter in games that were very well in hand.

To reiterate Urban's Plan To Win, here it is:

1) Play great defense (Defense wins championships, gang)
2) Turnovers (meaning force them, not commit them - right now we lead the FBS in interceptions)
3) Score in the red zone (note we did that four times on Saturday)
4) Win the kicking game (Sturgis hit a nice 44-yd FG; Chas Henry was awesome against UcheaT - great punting plus correct execution on that fake punt)

Everybody can bitch about the offense from now 'til Doomsday, but reading between the lines I can see the strategy: avoid costly mistakes, wear the other team down (let THEM screw up, not us) and come on strong in the second half to seal the win. Wise coaches find ways to win when they know that adversity exists, and Urban fits in that category well. Keep in mind that his undergrad degree is in psych, and that plays a factor as well.

Bottom line: It's the "W" that really counts. Demanding perfection from these kids is silly.

you can defend all you want man our offense has no excuse to look like they dont freakin practice in the 1st quarter

these arent frehmen they shouldnt be that bad on offense

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
these arent frehmen they shouldnt be that bad on offense

Did you read what I said about inexperience? That's the answer to your question.

This team will improve, but unfortunately it's not gonna happen overnight as some fans are demanding it happen. Don't think Urban's oblivious to the issues we have on offense, because he's fully aware of what's going on and is working on getting these improved in practice.

Better solution: Perhaps it's time for Gator Nation to lower their expectations for this 2010 team a little more; if some of you didn't think there would be a dropoff after last season or just plain don't like the fact that it happened, you may not have been paying close attention.

This team is what it is, but every day is a brand new day and these kids will improve with time. Rome wasn't built in a day, and we won't get back to championship form at the drop of a hat. Complain about the coaching if it makes you feel better, but these are the facts.

yea their inexperienced cuz we couldnt get these guys on the field last yr

hines and hammond should of gotten more looks last yr to get them ready for this yr

it all falls on the OC and head coach to get your offense ready

i actually did think our offense would improve from last yr and get more playmakers involved but nope didnt happen

The Zooker

VIP Member
Offense will be fine as soon as Pouncey is moved back to Guard. Or until Brantley fully trusts him with the snap. Whichever happens first.

ShortBus

VIP Member
page one? what games are you watching.. i don't think he's looking past 1/4 page.. sweep left, sweep right. up the middle. option left, option right. i think he lost the passing game play book. someone please provide addazio with a reprint of our passing plays.. mmkay? kthxbye.

Lately i've been trying to defend our team and addazio. but man. as the games wear on the more i'm starting to doubt..

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Offense will be fine as soon as Pouncey is moved back to Guard. Or until Brantley fully trusts him with the snap. Whichever happens first.

True; once this gets cleared up then the O-line should start falling into place, and then we can establish a rhythm on offense.

Another point to bring up: Does anybody think that there could be a lack of trust on our O-line? Urban has spoken time and time again about our players being able to trust each other out there, and I'm wondering if this could be a factor as well. Trust is something the coaches can encourage but cannot teach, and it's up to the players themselves to develop this sense of trust by working together as a unit. If there's a lack of trust, guaranteed there will be problems.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I think we are stuck with Pouncey at center, and with three post-it notes for our playbook. I saw an interesting thing in the Indianapolis Colts game that maybe the Gators can try. The Colts QB does not signal the center to snap the ball--he signals the guard who then taps the center to snap the ball. The center can focus on looking up at the opposing D-line, or prepare to pull without having to look back under his legs at the QB. If Coach saw that he might get some good ideas.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Their stats don’t stand out on paper, but Florida’s receiving corps is starting to come around.

Six different receivers combined for 11 catches in Florida’s 31-17 win at Tennessee last Saturday, accounting for 133 yards and one touchdown. Though the yards and scores are far from eye-popping, coach Urban Meyer said this group is improving in areas beyond catches and yards."

More: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20100920/ARTICLES/100929953/1136?Title=Notebook-Receivers-earning-Brantley-s-trust

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema