• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hello Gator Fans

Bama Trey

Gator Fan
Shout out from Germany!

Wanted to give a proper introduction prior to contributing to your forum. Currently with DOD in Germany, I am a rabid Bama fan, even though my father is a UF alum (class of 54). You might say I was raised on UF generated money. Dad moved to Alabama in the 60's and I was enamored with the Tide under the Bear. Who could blame me?:)

Here's to a great game today! Hopefully no injuries and both teams leave it all on the field! UF has an awesome team and any Bama fan that says this will be a cake walk is an idiot. I will feel lucky for Bama to take the win in the swamp.

Trey

Tapatalk makes me look incoherent

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh. Now I get it...unfortunately, you really DON'T. If you can't understand why your explanation makes you look utterly confused to most of us, then my response to you on the other thread still holds. Over here in America we take this seriously, and always have. Sorry, good luck and all that blah blah blah, but YOU need to make up your mind: this is NOT one of those things you can sit-on-the-fence about. Sounds like, for whatEVER reason, you are now a Tide fan. OK. Lots of places for you to revel with your pals--y'all are having a pretty good run right now. But do NOT expect a big arms-wide-open-welcome HERE, son.
Oh, and it ain't "Tapatalk" that makes you look incoherent. It's your lack of logic or insight that seals THAT deal.

(Again: to all the more-generous-than-I, big-hearted fellow Gators here who feel I'm coming down too hard on Trey, there are two reasons I HAD to say something:
(1) I have seen what can happen to a site if/when those who make it what it is, the regulars, do NOT defend it: a place that was "ours" becomes a clogged troll free-for-all...I am too fond of this site and its safe and open "Gator-FEEL", not to mention the intelligent and freewheeling discussions that are common to it, to give it up without a fight, and
(2) This is GAMEDAY, and we ALL know how much is at stake here--NOT a time when I'm in any mood to be a magnanimous "good sport". NOT here. NOT now.

So "Sorry Trey", but maybe you should come around another time...I spent a number of years overseas with the military some years ago, and I DO understand your need for "connection", but my points are all still valid ones--if you want to engage in "friendly banter" with Gator fans, as far as I'M concerned you are welcome to join in some other day--but THIS is the lead-up to a big game: we are tensely waiting all day for the 8pm Eastern kick-off, and I just couldn't fathom what you were doing here NOW. I read THIS thread second, and I COULD just delete it all, I suppose, but you might as well get some idea of how it is with this stuff over here. I'll root for the Tide as an SEC-team when it plays outside the conference, but the rest of the time "the twain shall never meet", ya get me?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum and good luck to you as well!
Ya see, Trey? RobDog's our Moderator, a good and big-hearted guy who has as much to do with making this site the great place it is as anybody--so it isn't that all Gators are insensitive, hostile jerks who have no sense of sportsmanship...but there IS another side to this--I read this explanatory thread AFTER the other one (the one where I blasted you), and responded accordingly. You should know and begin to understand the hornet's nest you are blithely stumbling into, in my opinion--consider this a part of your introduction/education.

Bama Trey

Gator Fan
Ya see, Trey? RobDog's our Moderator, a good and big-hearted guy who has as much to do with making this site the great place it is as anybody--so it isn't that all Gators are insensitive, hostile jerks who have no sense of sportsmanship...but there IS another side to this--I read this explanatory thread AFTER the other one (the one where I blasted you), and responded accordingly. You should know and begin to understand the hornet's nest you are blithely stumbling into, in my opinion--consider this a part of your introduction/education.

Obviously you put some thought into both your responses. Maybe more than was required...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Obviously you put some thought into both your responses. Maybe more than was required...

Maybe--then again, it was only in the name of "fairness" that I bothered to explain at all--possibly to no avail...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Shout out from Germany!

Wanted to give a proper introduction prior to contributing to your forum. Currently with DOD in Germany, I am a rabid Bama fan, even though my father is a UF alum (class of 54). You might say I was raised on UF generated money. Dad moved to Alabama in the 60's and I was enamored with the Tide under the Bear. Who could blame me?:)

Here's to a great game today! Hopefully no injuries and both teams leave it all on the field! UF has an awesome team and any Bama fan that says this will be a cake walk is an idiot. I will feel lucky for Bama to take the win in the swamp.

Trey

Welcome! Sorry I missed your intro. I was getting all my booze ready for the game. Now that I am somewhat sober, welcome! I am also a DOD employee, specifically a combat cubicle engineer. Hope you stick around.

Bama Trey

Gator Fan
Thank you sir! Appreciate the welcome, and like you I am a combat cubicle warrior. IOW, a staff weenie.

I would love to continue to enjoy your forum and promise to be a well behaved Bama fan.

Hope the best for Brantley. in hindsight, the outcome would have likely been the same anyway, but not near as one sided had he stayed in.

UF has a solid team with promise and I hope they beat LSU next week. Y'all have your work cut out for you!

Kind regards,

Trey

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Hope the best for Brantley. in hindsight, the outcome would have likely been the same anyway, but not near as one sided had he stayed in.

I have been watching Nick Saban-coached teams for quite a while now. His defenses always target the opponent's key offensive player. It just shocked the Gator Nation that the much derided John Walter Brantley IV is that key offensive player, the lynchpin that, when removed, causes the trailer to fall off the back of the pick up truck. We all assumed that was Rainey. That being said, I honestly believe if Brantley had survived the hit that we could have come back, if and only if, we made good halftime adjustments against the 4-man rush, and if we had plugged in our bigger backs to make space for the smaller backs. Saban can be beat, but only if you shake up the game plan at halftime. Auburn, LSU, and SC all did it last year. This year, I think only LSU has a chance, but this new offensive coordinator at LSU seems to shut down the offense at halftime instead of making adjustments. That means Alabama has a chance.

As for Florida, yeah, we were exposed as one-dimensional. That was expected early in the season when we were licking our wounds from what we consider a horrific 2010 season. As the season progressed, we bought into the new coaches' hopes and inspiration. I am still sold. I think we could have pulled an upset with JB4 at QB against Alabama, just as I think we can pull an upset against LSU in Death Valley with a freshman QB. Will I go around and be cocky that we can do it? No. I still have hope.

By all means, stick around. I hang around Alabama and LSU boards (grew up in a part of Florida with a lot of Alabama fans, and many of my friends are LSU fans), and sometimes Texas (only because of where I am stationed now).

Bama Trey

Gator Fan
Nice summation. I hope UF does beat LSU, and likewise for Bama. The Tigers are the best team in the nation (IMO) right now. Oklahoma is good, but not worthy of their rank. Wisconsin however, is a real strong team that can beat anyone in the country on a given Saturday.

With a little luck, Bama will meet UF in the SECCG. Of course SC will have something to say about that, and there is a lot of football to play yet.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Nice summation. I hope UF does beat LSU, and likewise for Bama. The Tigers are the best team in the nation (IMO) right now. Oklahoma is good, but not worthy of their rank. Wisconsin however, is a real strong team that can beat anyone in the country on a given Saturday.

With a little luck, Bama will meet UF in the SECCG. Of course SC will have something to say about that, and there is a lot of football to play yet.

I agree with the thoughts on Oklahoma and Wisconsin. But I don't think Wisconsin can beat the top SEC team. And I think we will see that exact match-up in the national championship game. I'm calling it right now, Wisconsin vs SEC Champ (LSU or Bama).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema