• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Have Y’all Noted THIS?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Monitoring AR-15’s Twitter page last 24hours or so, he first removed any mention AT ALL of being “a quarterback at the University of Florida”, AND a picture of him onfield in uniform, from said page right after being completely ignored in the Missouri game (with Mullen’s postgame explanation when questioned about it being “he was banged up”—something Richardson himself apparently took issue with); BUT: AR has subsequently restored at least the DESCRIPTION (“QB at the University of Florida”), shortly after the news of Mullen’s firing came through...
So. It would seem that the “bad news” (not so surprisingly) WAS that in the immediate aftermath of the game it sure LOOKED like we’d be losing Anthony Richardson (the most promising QB-prospect here in a generation!) to the transfer portal after ALL...but with this quick (somewhat encouraging at least “PARTIAL”) reversal from AR, we may have a chance to keep him—depending of course on what happens NEXT, and WHO comes in to take over at Coach, etc.
I must admit, like a lot of folks I was more and more EXPECTING our losing him, ESPECIALLY with his growing isolation from play, culminating in being COMPLETELY IGNORED by Mullen yesterday.
Maybe we can keep him now.
I had his loss as part of why our “road back” seemed so long and tortured (and, by the way, one more thing about Mullen’s attitude and behavior of late that baffled me: ANOTHER example of him ignoring a promise so recently clearly, publicly declared—in this case his supposedly intending to “play both if healthy”...and bs’ing about AR being “banged up” just WASN’T gonna fly—especially with ANTHONY!)
A recent review of Mullen’s moves and “methods” amounts to a LITANY of “ways to lose a team”. AND its fans.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
No worries. He changed it back, but he is tailoring his Twitter to his NIL marketing. His merchandise is still black, orange, and blue.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No worries. He changed it back, but he is tailoring his Twitter to his NIL marketing. His merchandise is still black, orange, and blue.
I sure hope it stays that way.
Now we KNOW that he may well have BEEN close to bailing (at least before Mullen’s firing came down)...He appears to have backed away from that thinking now. Our next Coach’s chances to properly begin the reclamation project that looks to be the current Florida Gator program almost certainly DEPENDS on Anthony Richardson being under center for a vibrant, high-flying offense. We’ll hopefully BUILD a defense—but early on at least we will WIN, if we do, by outscoring folks.
(Had Mullen managed to pick up the fat hint along those lines that the Samford game SHOULD have been, maybe he’d still be Coach, and possibly playing to keep his job against FSU now...But,
AW, hell with it: Let’s move on.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I sure hope it stays that way.
Now we KNOW that he may well have BEEN close to bailing (at least before Mullen’s firing came down)...He appears to have backed away from that thinking now. Our next Coach’s chances to properly begin the reclamation project that looks to be the current Florida Gator program almost certainly DEPENDS on Anthony Richardson being under center for a vibrant, high-flying offense. We’ll hopefully BUILD a defense—but early on at least we will WIN, if we do, by outscoring folks.
(Had Mullen managed to pick up the fat hint along those lines that the Samford game SHOULD have been, maybe he’d still be Coach, and possibly playing to keep his job against FSU now...But,
AW, hell with it: Let’s move on.)
Check out his AR15 merchandise page:

I have kids his age. It is common to de-emphasize personal pages to direct traffic to business pages. He also has a blue check mark on his personal page, so he has to protect that. He only follows 718 people, but he has 24.7k followers. All 718 follows are affiliated with the University of Florida. All of his likes are either religion-based or UF-based.

If he transfers out this change in Twitter profile is not going to be the smoking gun. The smoking gun is going to be the new head coach bringing in a new set of quarterbacks.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Check out his AR15 merchandise page:

I have kids his age. It is common to de-emphasize personal pages to direct traffic to business pages. He also has a blue check mark on his personal page, so he has to protect that. He only follows 718 people, but he has 24.7k followers. All 718 follows are affiliated with the University of Florida. All of his likes are either religion-based or UF-based.

If he transfers out this change in Twitter profile is not going to be the smoking gun. The smoking gun is going to be the new head coach bringing in a new set of quarterbacks.
Thanks! There was info there that I was only vaguely aware of, to be honest.
As for the point made in response, well, I believe we already HAD one young “hot young prep-arm” in our list of future commitments (I’m not sure of the details there, though—name or even YEAR he is due to report on campus, whether the ‘22 or ‘23 recruiting class!)...but even if we do and it’s for the NEXT incoming crop, that would be expected at ANY top SEC program—and no reason for AR to feel it a personal threat!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema