• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Harvin a Lethal Weapon

GatorVirgin

VIP Member
BY JOSEPH GOODMAN
[email protected]
Related Content
Tebow sparks Gators' rout of Vols

GAINESVILLE -- If Florida sophomore Percy Harvin wasn't already a Heisman Trophy candidate, then his performance against Tennessee certainly helped his cause.

Harvin led Florida in receiving and rushing yards and scored one of the Gators' most spectacular touchdown of the season in Saturday's 59-20 win against Tennessee.

''I think you witnessed one of the better players in college football,'' Florida coach Urban Meyer said. ``He's a weapon. I have not coached many like that one.''

Harvin didn't catch a single pass during the first half and only had four carries for 28 yards before the break. That's when Meyer approached his star receiver and told him to get ready for a big second half.

''Coach told me he was going to unleash me a little bit,'' Harvin said. ``So I took advantage of the plays I was given.''

That's putting it mildly. Harvin caught four passes for 120 yards and also rushed for 75 yards on nine carries.

He touched the ball on the opening play of seven Florida drives. His reverse near the end of the first quarter set up the Gators' first score, a 30-yard pass to Riley Cooper.

On the last drive of the third quarter, with Florida backed up against its end zone, Harvin caught a 49-yard bomb from Tim Tebow to further embarrass Tennessee's defense.

''I think you witnessed one of the better players in college football,'' Meyer said. ``He's a weapon. I have not coached many like that one.''

Harvin ended that drive and iced the game on the first play of the fourth quarter when he carried and end around for a 19-yard score.

It was a remarkable individual effort.

Harvin cut inside of Tennessee's initial defender and then juked another. With one tackler to beat, Harvin spun out of the final attempt to take him down and trotted into the end zone.

''He's so electric, and he always seems to step up in games like that,'' Tebow said of Harvin.

``That's what great players do, and he seems to do it every time we need him to. Every time Percy touched the ball he made a big play.''

Swampman

VIP Member
Harvin is definitely the most electrifying player I've ever seen at UF. We've never had such a duel threat player before. I wouldn't be surprised if Harvin threw for a couple td's this year.

preachinGator

VIP Member
Mercy Percy

2006 SEC Championship Game Most Valuable Player. Goodwill Gator. Accumulated 855 yards of total offense last season. Made nine receptions and caught one touchdown in the Tostitos BCS National Championship Game. Ranked fourth among Gators with 427 receiving yards in '06. Rushing leader five times as a freshman. Member of the 2007 Leadership Committee.

read the rest at
http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=12624&html=football/news/20070918010300.html&sport=footb

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Harvin IS a lethal weapon

wow, he is such an athlete

i can't believe how good our recruiting has been in the past few years

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member