• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators vs. Gamecocks #4 new Rivalry

Swampman

VIP Member
Check this out from Rivals.com:

4. Florida vs. South Carolina
We can only hope Nick Saban's move to Tuscaloosa makes the Alabama-LSU rivalry as interesting as the Florida-South Carolina series has become the last two years. This game was an annual Florida blowout until former Gators coach Steve Spurrier returned to the SEC. In Spurrier's first year at South Carolina, the Gamecocks knocked off Florida 30-22 to end the Gators' 14-game winning streak in this series. When Spurrier returned to Gainesville on the visitor's sideline last year, his Gamecocks nearly knocked the Gators out of national title contention. Jarvis Moss needed to block Ryan Succop's 48-yard field-goal attempt as time expired to preserve Florida's 17-16 victory. Florida coach Urban Meyer stepped out of the Ol' Ball Coach's shadow by leading the Gators to a national title, but a South Carolina victory over Florida this year could reignite the Spurrier-Meyer debate.

UFtb

VIP Member
Meyer will own Spurrier pretty much from last year on. That Jarvis Moss blocked kick was a huge statement.

If both coaches stay for 10 years, this will be an awesome rivalry.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Spurrier is the better known, more experienced coach, but I expect Meyer to own him as well from here on out.:Banana: :bananajump: :Banane29:

carolinathru&thru

VIP Member
I consider rivalries more border battles/in-state battles. It's a nice SEC rivalry type-thing between carolina and Florida, but i don't think we will ever consider each other true rivals. Sure, we want to beat you every year and vice-versa.

Our rivalry with Clemson is SOOOO much bigger, it's hard to overshadow it with another "rivalry". The same way I'm sure it is with ya'll against FSU.

If I had to pick an SEC team that was a our biggest rival, it would probably be Georgia. We used to play them even before we were in the SEC.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
i think as long as Urban Meyer and Steve Spurrier are coaching the teams, then it will be a good game... but i dont really think of it as a rivalry

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema