• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators trying to settle Robinson down

News Bot

News Bot
From forcing shots to over-committing on defensive assignments, talented freshman Florida forward Devin Robinson showed his share of jitters during last week’s exhibition game against Barry.

Florida players and coaches talked to Robinson following the game. The message — relax and let the game come to you.

“I talked to him, just told him to settle down mentally,” Florida junior guard Michael Frazier II said. “I think he put a lot of pressure on himself going into the game and he did some uncharacteristic things, but he’s gotten better since we’ve been practicing so that’s very promising and I’m very encouraged by that.”

Robinson went 2 of 10 from the floor against Barry, finishing the game with 5 points, 1 turnover, 1 blocked shot and 1 steal. The anxiety showed on the court as Robinson forced a pair of contested 3-point attempts in the first half that were air balls. Florida coach Billy Donovan was disappointed that Robinson was late on some defensive rotations.

Donovan said he was encouraged that Robinson waited for him in the locker room following the game to address his problems and talk about ways he could play better. That has carried over to practice this week.

“Offensively he’s playing with a better pace and tempo and a better mindset,” Donovan said. “(I’m) trying to get him out of feeling that he’s got to score points to get on the floor. I showed him his point differential. When he was on the floor, we lost points. But he’s not even thinking about that. It’s my job to help him, teach him, what really goes into winning and how to go about winning.”

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema