• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Football's turn to repeat?

sammy

VIP Member
Saw this in the news section here.

After Florida won the national title in basketball last season, forward Joakim Noah issued a challenge, saying it was now the football team's turn to win the national championship.

The football Gators met the challenge.

A year later, the Gators face another challenge passed on by their basketball brothers.

Repeating.

"That puts the pressure back on us," said tight end and former UF basketball player Cornelius Ingram of UF's victory over Ohio State on Monday night in the basketball championship game. "The same thing happened last spring. We were getting it from all the fans, from everyone around campus that it's time for us to bring home a national championship.

"It just puts the pressure back on us."

The young Gators say they will give it their best shot in 2007.

Swampman

VIP Member
Ya I remember when Noah said that. I wodner if he'll say it again on Friday at the ceremony.

I don't know what i'd do if the football team repeats too.

BILLAGATOR

Gator Fan
I'm One Of The Most Devoted Gator Football Fans Today, Me And My Two Kids Are Gator Fanatics, Always Have Been , Always Will Be.. I Can't Wait To See Our Boys Back In Action This Year , Especially Tebow And Harvin, I Love All You Guys You Make My Life Better Every Year.. And As For You Coach Meyer I Watched What You Did With Bowling Green And Utah And I Knew Without A Doubt You'd Make The Gator Faithful Forget All About The Spurrier Days And You Are Doing Just That , I Hope You Stick Around For A Long, Long Time, Your Biggest Fan Billagator

JohnnyBGood

VIP Member
As much as we all love and adore the Gators football team, asking them to repeat and expecting it is too much. If we build ourselves up and only expect championships, then we are doomed for disappointment.

Asking for an SEC Championship is reasonable. Anything above that is icing on the cake.

carolinathru&thru

VIP Member
As much as we all love and adore the Gators football team, asking them to repeat and expecting it is too much. If we build ourselves up and only expect championships, then we are doomed for disappointment.

Asking for an SEC Championship is reasonable. Anything above that is icing on the cake.

You gotta dream big. Even though fans who always expect NC's may sometimes come across as dumb or arrogant, in my opinion it always good to have high expectations, especially if you have the talent to do so.

gatorcrazy23

Gator Fan
if we got a repeat in football he would then we would have the down right best college sports teams in the world!!!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema