• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

FINE: WE DOUBLE DOWN

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just have one major point and statement to make here and now.
This supercedes all my frustrated late-season pronouncements, the multiple moments of seemingly endless mediocrity, inconsistency,, futility and glaring lack of discipline that this Mullen-saturated squad inflicted upon themselves AND us of late.
I turned off the game when we failed on 4th down at their end of the field with seconds left on the clock. I didn't watch Billy's presser until the wee hours, nor did I see the post-"final-gun" Doak crowd rushing the field until awakening this morning and (out of habit , without thinking on a Saturday morning) flipping on SportsCenter.
SO:
"Y'ALL WANNA RUSH THE FIELD? BIG WIN? HELP FROM THE REFS? AT HOME, WITH US SO DEPLETED, YOUR FIRST WIN IN YEARS AND YOU RUB OUR FACES IN IT??!
FINE. ENJOY ANOTHER "JOKE IN THE DOAK", CRIMINOLES...MAKE THE MOST OF IT.
BECAISE WE ARE COMING FOR YOU.
WE WILL NOT FORGET. ANY OF IT.
IT TOOK A LOT TO YANK ME OUT OF THE SELF-INDUCED DOWNER I WAS ALREADY WALLOWING IN BEFORE YESTERDAY--AND WAS PRETTY WELL SET UP TO CARRY INTO AND THROUGH THE PENDING OFF-SEASON...
BUT YOU MANAGED IT. Y'ALL KEPT ON US WITH THAT ANNOYINGLY PHONY "TOMAHAWK CHOP'N'CHANT" (YOU AND MLB'S BRAVES--JUST UP THE ROAD: WHO STOLE IT FROM WHO? NEWS FLASH--YA BOTH CRAP ON REAL NATIVE AMETICANS EVERY TIME!!!).
POINT HERE:
WE ARE NOT LIKE YOU. WE ARE A DIFFERENT BREED ENTIRELY. THIS ISN'T ABOUT "JUST ONE GAME"...
AND WE ARE NOT JUST PROMISING A DIFFERENT STORY IN THE NEXT ONE AT OUR PLACE.
I ASSURE YOU ALL, HERE AND NOW:
WE ARE TURNING THE PAGE ENTIRELY.
BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT "BACK".
WITH ALL THE QUALIFICATIONS AND CAVEATS REFERRED TO ABOVE, ALL THOSE THINGS STACKED IN YOUR FAVOR AND AGAINST US, YOU STILL BARELY BEAT US...
AND THEN YOU STORM THE FIELD???
SOME MAY SEE THAT AS SOME FITTING TRIBUTE TO HOW "IMPORTANT" AND MOMENTOUS THIS ONE WAS--BUT NOT ME. NOT US.
REMEMBER THIS. YOU AND YOURS CAN IN FUTURE LONG YEARS OF CONSISTENT FUTILITY POINT BACK TO "THAT LAST BIG WIN", WHEN Y'ALL RAN ON THE FIELD, THINKING THIS WAS THE START OF YOUR ASCENDANCY:
IN FACT IT WAS YOUR LAST HURRAH".

(PS. And from here I will indeed turn the page and walk on.)

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Yeah, that pissed me off when I found out they rushed the field and I didn't find out until a friend whose a Nole fan who went to the Game posted on Social Media. After the Game where I turn the TV off after the turnover on downs, I had a big headache and didn't go on the computer. Probably the first time that a ranked team rushed the field beating an unranked team. Maybe we should spread the word about storming the field after the Gators beat the Noles next year.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, that pissed me off when I found out they rushed the field and I didn't find out until a friend whose a Nole fan who went to the Game posted on Social Media. After the Game where I turn the TV off after the turnover on downs, I had a big headache and didn't go on the computer. Probably the first time that a ranked team rushed the field beating an unranked team. Maybe we should spread the word about storming the field after the Gators beat the Noles next year.
Frankly, bra', I'm cool with just beatin' the CRAP out of them--again and again, into perpetuity.
I USED to enjoy their rivalry,, and didn't take it so badly if they took a home win every few tries--I had been around for the tail end of a string of bad losses to them that had included my first coupla seasons as an undergrad, after all...And back home growing up I'd had a few friends in high-school in Fla. who'd been Noles fans, a couple who actually WENT to Tallahassee whom I'd run into at Christmas back home and so on; it was enough that after we finally broke through at home against them on Black Friday my junior year (the game where we introduced the "Chop-Chant" for the first time, by the way: Cheerleaders handed out sheets to all the students entering the stadium that diagramed and described the crowd-sized Chant, then even lead us through a practice session maybe 20 minutes before the teams actually hit the field for the anthem and eventual kickoff...When we actually finally tried it IN-GAME early in the 2nd half, it was eerie: The whole up-til-then raucous student side went silent on command as planned, then, with the now familiar Jaws-theme-like brass accompaniment, that whole side of the stadium together in unisen shot out their hands and made that CHOMP sign together again and again for the very first time!)...The Nole players were spooked, looking around at this strange, almost "Nuremberg-rally"-like weirdness and kind of moved together in small clusters for mutual comfort and support: From that point on we had them--a close game turned into a dominant Gator win soon after, and after that we beat them more than half the time through and into the SS vs BB years of the 90s, when all eyes annually turned to that game between two Top Ten nationally-ranked programs...
But they have now earned our permanent contempt. Too much of the wrong kind of abuse of exactly the wrong kind at precisely the wrong time, all piling up now. Y'all just should have taken your win and quuetly enjoyed it...
Did you hear about the BS Travis, their QB-1, had to say about Anthony Richardson post game, taking sly shots at his supposedly "being exposed" for his lack of talent after all? I sure wish all the MORE that AR would come back, play a central role in the savage beat-down we are already quietly, darkly preparing for them in the Swamp NEXT year.
But failing that, hey: We got your back, Anthony!
There'll be a core of underclassmen who won't, CAN'T forget...That one is already marked off on our calendars.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema