• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Early ESPN Hoops Rankings

G8R8U2

Gator Fan
Personally, I don't see much of a drop-off at Speights position... even if it means big-man by committee. Last year's freshmen now have a year of big-time ball under their belts; and we're really loaded. If anyone can get young guys ready for college ball in a hurry, it's BD. '09 may be our year to be back at the top; but I see no reason why we can't contend for the SEC this season.

gator212

Gator Fan
^^ I agree. Our guys have a lot more experience and time working together. We'll be much better, even without MS.
Go Gators!!!!

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
We aren't going to likely be ranked in the top 25, and as much as I loved Speights when he was here, I think this will be a case of addition by subtraction. What I mean is, if his whole heart isn't into being here and helping this team win, he can leave for all I care. We likely might of been better this year with him, bu by 2009 we will be back in the hunt for a National Title. Our big man rotation will be nasty.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
We aren't going to likely be ranked in the top 25, and as much as I loved Speights when he was here, I think this will be a case of addition by subtraction. What I mean is, if his whole heart isn't into being here and helping this team win, he can leave for all I care. We likely might of been better this year with him, bu by 2009 we will be back in the hunt for a National Title. Our big man rotation will be nasty.

Couldn't agree with you more. I never really understood why Speights got all the hype he did. He never played for more than 8 minutes at a time. His work ethic was horrible.

I expect our frontcourt to improve tremendously this season.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema