• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Earl Everett's run in with the law

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
This is a funny story!
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6159

"I was driving on 471 and it's pretty much a straight road for 20 miles with woods and trees and not many cars," Everett said. "And I got pulled over for going about 70 in a 60. When he asked for my license and registration he noticed my ring and asked me about it. I told him, �It's the Florida Gators' national championship ring,' and he told me he was going to run my plates to see if they were valid while I was looking for my registration."
Everett thinks he was a Florida highway patrolman and he came back with a smile when Everett produced his registration. Since you never read about it, the plates checked out and the officer said, "So you're really a Florida Gator, huh? You're the guy that lost his helmet, right?'"

"Yes sir," Everett said, his helmetless sack of Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith in the national title game now the symbol of the Gators' bold and convincing upset of the Buckeyes.

The officer asked if he'd ever been in trouble with the law and since this is the 6-3, 230-pound Everett who was the glue of it all for four seasons in Gainesville, the answer was no.

"I'd been pulled over once before, but that's it," Everett said. "So he told me, �This is a straight road, not too many cars, so I'm going to give you a warning this time. Be careful going home.'"

He asked to hold the ring and then Everett was back on the road, the officer following him for about a mile before hooking up with another officer on the side of the road. A few minutes later, when Everett was a block from his home, the same police car screeched around the corner and his heart did a 360.

"I did 50 all the way home, so I know I wasn't speeding and I'm thinking, �What did I do wrong now?' " he said. "He said, �I'm not giving you a ticket, but (the other officer) couldn't believe I pulled you over."

About a minute later another police car pulled up and that guy said, "I'm not trying to hassle you, I just wanted to meet you and say, �Congratulations,' and get an autograph. The first officer then said, "Hey, I want one, too," and the next thing Everett knew he was taking a picture with each of them for their kids."

preachinGator

VIP Member
Earl Everette

It is such a pleasure to read a story that doesn't include drugs, alcohol, or guns. The man who gave way to the headline of "beheading Ohio State" is a class act. Anyone should be proud to have a friend the likes of Earl Everette.
Go GATORS!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema