• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Driskel 100% Gator

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Don’t let all those rumors get to you Gators fans. Your prized recruit hasn’t wavered a bit. For the past couple of weeks, Internet message boards have been buzzing about the possibility Florida quarterback commit Jeff Driskel had been backing off a little on his verbal to UF. There were rumors that the Oviedo Hagerty prospect wasn’t happy with the way Florida’s offense looked. There was also chatter that he wasn’t pleased with the three-quarterback system because it could cut into his reps once he gets to Gainesville.
The rumors even grew to the point where some thought the nation’s No. 1 quarterback, according to Rivals.com, was thinking of decommitting from Florida.
Well, Driskel, again, squashed any rumors that he was softening on his Gator pledge Friday following his Hagerty’s 56-35 playoff loss at Lakeland.
“I don’t know where they came from,” Driskel said of all the rumors. “There’s all kinds of people out there that will write anything to make a buzz. Those (rumors) are 100-percent false. I’m 100 percent (committed) to Florida and I’ll be there in about a month and a half.”
When rumors were flying around cyberspace, Driskel said he didn’t have to worry about reassuring UF’s coaching staff of his commitment. He said UF’s coaches were aware of how solid he was to the Gators.
“They knew all along that I’m not going anywhere,” he said. “I’m as solid as solid can be to Florida.”
While Driskel reiterates how committed he is to UF, he does understand that rumors are easy to start when Florida has struggled so much on the football field. The Gators head into Florida State week at 7-4 and 4-4 in the SEC. They missed out on a bid to Atlanta for the SEC Championship after an embarrassing 36-14 loss to South Carolina at home, but Driskel said it’s just growing pains for such a young team. Driskel said he expects things to be much better next season once the young guys do some growing up.
“They’ve had a rough year,” he said. “They have a lot of young guys. I’m sure next year they’ll have another good year like they’ve had (in the past).”
Driskel ended his high school career last Friday with quite possibly his best showing by passing for 177 yards and two touchdowns, rushing for 263 rushing yards and two more scores, and grabbing a 58-yard touchdown reception. He’ll enroll at UF in January.
ORIGIN....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema