• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dee Finely pledges

SexyRexy

Gator Fan
Florida has had a difficult time holding on to early commitments in football the past few years. This latest one may be the toughest of all.

Dee Finley, rated the nation's No. 1 defensive prospect by at least one recruiting service, verbally committed to the Gators over the weekend. Now comes the hard part - keeping him in the fold until February.

The Gators certainly will have competition because Finley is from Auburn, Ala., and the Tigers were in his final three along with UF and LSU.

The 6-foot-3, 210-pound Finley is UF's second commitment for the class of 2008, joining Gainesville High defensive end Earl Okine. As a junior, Finley had eight interceptions, 50 solo tackles and broke up 15 passes.

Finley did not return calls seeking comment. Finley's high school coach, Tim Carter, said the Gators are potentially getting a player versatile enough to play both safety positions or at linebacker if needed.

"He's a really good kid, works hard for us," Carter said. "He can really play a lot of different positions. He's a good hitter, a physical player. That's one of his biggest qualities, his ability to hit and tackle in the open field."

Carter said he spoke with Finley on Saturday night, during Finley's UF visit.

"He just told me that he really enjoyed the players," Carter said. "They made him feel special, part of the team."

Carter also pointed out Finley's leadership skills. Finley was captain at Auburn High last season.

"He's got a lot of qualities that you can build a championship team around," Carter said.

djg8tr22

VIP Member
I think we can keep him. With rumor that Tubbervile might be going to A&M Auburn wont give him the comfort tht Florida has with Urb. And with Les Miles and Michigan that leaves just us with the solid coaching foundation.

UFboy207

Gator Fan
Dee goes to my highschool :).

hes good but this year he has been lazy, i guess hes just taking a year off before goen to florida. like i literally pass him in the halls every day.

auburn high ftw!

UFboy207

Gator Fan
but about him being a 'good kid' lol. i dont no about that, hes got some issues. but w/e, good football players can do wut they want p much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema