• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Corey Raymond and Sean Spencer Fired

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Florida Gators have parted ways with assistant coaches Corey Raymond and Sean Spencer.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
That's the last of it? No other firings? I did look at Peek-Wilbur's latest post and she says that UF either needs to fire Napier now or say that he's coming back for a third season now and not let it linger.

Escambia94

Nobody knows how many will be fired. Reminder that UF cannot afford to fire Napier unless the investors (not just the traditional boosters) can scrape together $100M+ ($32M buyout + going rate for next coach).

On the bright side, Corey Raymond has ZERO recruits in 2024. Sean Spencer has one. Austin Armstrong & Jay Bateman have carried the load on defensive recruiting for them. I will try to find the worst performing offensive recruiters and assume they are next to be fired.

Escambia94

Darnell Stapleton will probably be the next coach fired. He is primary recruiter for only one player, a 2023 JUCO transfer with no rating. All the other offensive coaches have pulled their fair share in recruiting. Stapleton also has the most de-commitments.

Last edited:

Escambia94

Rob Sale, Jabbar Juluke and Billy Gonzalez seem to be the leading recruiters on offense with Russ Callaway and Ryan O’Hara right behind them.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That's the last of it? No other firings? I did look at Peek-Wilbur's latest post and she says that UF either needs to fire Napier now or say that he's coming back for a third season now and not let it linger.
Yes--She's among a number of folks who feel that it wasn't the firing(s) but the TIMING that was questionable...(Gator Dave too goes on at some length about it.)
The idea going around out there is that unless there were particular specific reasons for doing so then, it would have been best to sit tight a couple of weeks, wait for National Signing Day before pulling out the axe.
However, at this point I sure am hoping that E--'s ensuing points about how recruiting breaks down regarding "who wooed WHO" is the best way to anticipate how well "sitting tight" from here will play out.
For the moment,, I am more interested in pending HIRINGS (OC and Special Teams, of course, and now defensive help after these firings) than in whom or when anyone more in particular will be fired.
I don't think Billly needs to reassure committed or prospective recruits he'll be back for now...If anything, THAT sort of denial could get tongues wagging the OTHER way. For now, it is pretty well commonly accepted among those close to the team all the reasons that "he's not going ANYWHERE anytime soon".
Now, at SOME point soon that OC HIRE will be a major bullet-point--and TURNING POINT.
I think it HAS to be. This cannot be merely some "window dressing": Whether Billy likes it or not, he MUST bring in a dynamic, creative and aggressively imaginative offensive mind to install, gameplan and RUN his offense.

Escambia94

Nobody in the blogosphere is an insider to Napier, so be careful when listening to predictions and conclusions from Ali Peek, Gator Dave, James DeVirgilio, et cetera. I will bet money that no matter what Napier does with hiring decisions or recruiting that his odds of being head coach are 99.99%. His odds of being head coach one year from now when his buyout drops to $25.7M is 66.66%—even if he goes 3-9 next year (which is my doomsday prediction). My predictions are the same for Scott Stricklin. Ben Sasse probably arrived on campus, looked at the financial data and concluded that Billy Napier and Todd Golden both have until 2025 to figure this out.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nobody in the blogosphere is an insider to Napier, so be careful when listening to predictions and conclusions from Ali Peek, Gator Dave, James DeVirgilio, et cetera. I will bet money that no matter what Napier does with hiring decisions or recruiting that his odds of being head coach are 99.99%. His odds of being head coach one year from now when his buyout drops to $25.7M is 66.66%—even if he goes 3-9 next year (which is my doomsday prediction). My predictions are the same for Scott Stricklin. Ben Sasse probably arrived on campus, looked at the financial data and concluded that Billy Napier and Todd Golden both have until 2025 to figure this out.
OK. I for one have pretty well internalized the basic "reality" of your statistically-based point, repeatedly well-argued (as above).
So for my part at keast it is fair to assume that I take it as our "starting point" from here.
The gun goes off, and now the race is being run.
Two seasons, minimum (basically).

Escambia94

OK. I for one have pretty well internalized the basic "reality" of your statistically-based point, repeatedly well-argued (as above).
So for my part at keast it is fair to assume that I take it as our "starting point" from here.
The gun goes off, and now the race is being run.
Two seasons, minimum (basically).

It could be less than two years if UAA raises a ton of cash. I do not see that happening, since UAA is prioritizing the stadium modernization. The bill on that is estimated at $400M on the low end. For comparison, Penn State is looking at a $700M stadium upgrade. Georgia should start its $720M stadium upgrade next calendar year. Neither Penn State nor Georgia plan on investing in anything else major but the stadium. What I am saying is that in order for UAA to fund its top priority stadium upgrades and pay for three coaches (Dan Mullen $1M/year through 2027, Billy Napier > $7M/year through 2027, and the new coach $7M+/year probably for 10 years), Imagine UAA trying to pay these bills:
2024​
2025​
2026​
2027​
2028​
2029​
2030​
2031​
2032​
2033​
2034​
Mullen​
$7.00​
$7.00​
$7.00​
$7.00​
Napier​
$12.85​
$3.21​
$3.21​
$3.21​
$3.21​
TBD​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​
stadium​
$0.00​
$100.00​
$100.00​
$100.00​
$100.00​
$100.00​
$27.85​
$18.21​
$18.21​
$18.21​
$11.21​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​
$8.00​

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Geez, dude...while the numbers all "add up" and the results then indeed "ring true", it is also clear that their magnitude and relative obscurity for most fans only further separates "average fan impression and resulting points-of-view" from the "reality the very numbers themselves imply"!
In other words, while the above only further supports the various arguments as to where we are at with Coach Napier, and why the likely "extended time factors" in his likely "grace period" here are what they are, that same "reality" ALSO leaves most fans (and shallow, sensationalist commentators who cater to them) further frustrated, ignorant and devoid of insight.
Can't really blame them--but their attitudes and conclusions remain irrelevant: There is little use in railing against all the things that have already come to set our conditions--and hence, our likely near-future course.
We must deal with things as they really are...
"Play the ball as it lays..."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema