• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Corey Brewer talks upcoming camp, reunion, teammates cashing in

News Bot

News Bot
Corey Brewer always looks forward to coming back to Gainesville.

Before joining his teammates for Florida’s 2006-07 basketball national title reunion on Sept. 10, Brewer will be in town hosting his eighth annual Back2Back youth basketball camp from Aug. 1-3 at Buchholz High School. Signup information can be found at coreybrewer.com, Brewer’s website. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Corey Brewer Fight Diabetes Fund at the UF Diabetes Center for Excellence.

I had a chance to talk with Brewer on Monday about the upcoming camp, the reunion at The Swamp and his close friends and former teammates Al Horford and Joakim Noah cashing in during NBA free agency. Brewer himself is entering the second year of a three-year, $24 million contract with the Houston Rockets. Here’s a brief Q&A:

What keeps you coming back to Gainesville for your annual camp?

CB — “I just love coming to Gainesville always just because of the success I had there in the past, and of course the University of Florida … I’m always happy to come back and the camp in the past has made a lot of connections, a lot of the kids have come for five, six straight years. It’s just a good situation for me.”

What are your thoughts about coming back for the 10-year reunion at The Swamp on Sept. 10 against Kentucky?

CB — ” “It’s going to be interesting. I can’t believe it’s already been 10 years, time flies, it seems like yesterday I was just walking down frat row, living in Keys Complex.”

How do you think you guys will be received?

CB — “I think it will be pretty loud. You win at Florida, you’re always going to be remembered.”

At the reunion, based on the deals that Al (Horford) and Joakim (Noah) got earlier this month, is it safe to say that they are going to pick up the check for dinner?

CB — ” “They got very good deals. Very happy for them, it’s always good when guys get in good situations, especially my two guys, so of course, they are paying the bill no matter what.”

What are your overall thoughts about the money flying around this summer in NBA free agency?

CB — ” “It was crazy, the deals they were giving out is crazy, business is good and guys are getting really good deals so I’m happy for everybody.”

How do you feel about your situation in Houston? How do you feel the Rockets will bounce back after being knocked out of the first round of the playoffs last season?

CB — “It was a rough year but I think we’re going to bounce back really strong. We’ve got some good pieces coming in. I think we’re doing really good this year.”

Getting back to the reunion, how emotional will it be to see your former teammates all together again?

CB — ““It’s going to be fun, just to see all the guys, just probably talk about all the stories we had.”

What does it say about the legacy of the team, that no college team has won back-to-back national titles since the Gators pulled off the feat in 2006 and 2007?

CB — “It says a lot. It says we’re one of the best, It’s going to be tough for anybody to win back-to-back. It’s a tough feat just to win one, so when you win two in a row, it’s really tough. I think it will be staying that way for a while, especially with guys going straight to the NBA and not wanting to stay in school for more than one year.”

The post Corey Brewer talks upcoming camp, reunion, teammates cashing in appeared first on Hoops Scoop.

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema