• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chris Leak joins Gator staff as quality control coach

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Chris Leak.jpg

The Florida Gators have hired former Gators QB Chris Leak as quality control coach. Leak, who previously played QB for the Chicago Bears, Montreal Alouettes, and Jacksonville Sharks, will be responsible for breaking down film on opposing teams, scouting opponents, and helping defenses prepare for opposing offenses in practice. Welcome back to the Gator Nation, Chris Leak!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sorry--haven't been around much of late--I've been on-location AND flying home throughout to take care of biz there...Promise to give GE my full attention come summer practice and beyond, tho'...As for Chris coming back, that can't be anything but GOOD for this team, ESPECIALLY in communicating to the newest Gators what-it-takes to succeed at this next level REGARDLESS of relative skill level--EVERYONE is "really good and really fast" here and,except for a few outstandingly extra-talented individuals whose skills MAY put them in an "elite" category, it will take most of them a maximum effort like they've not had to give since "Pony" or "Pop Warner" in order to stand above the rest: Chris Leak was the "Poster Boy" for making "good-but-not-quite-GREAT"-talent and, with study, effort and attitude, make himself a star and a leader of the National Championship team.
However, I'm NOT so sure about this title he's been given...It seems to obscure what he's doing here, what his actual role is, rather than "filling in the blanks" on what he'll be doing here.
"Quality Control Coach"...Uh, that could be a lot of things--but I haven't heard it designating a particular job OR coaching position before--has anyone else? We could no doubt have some fun with that one, too...First time Debose slouches through a route or half-heartedly "waves" at a ball he might have had a shot at had he actually GONE after it, do we call for Leak to rush out on the field with his big ol' "Rubber (really paper mache) Stamp" and "cancel him OUT"? You get the idea...I'm just messing around, but WHAT DOES IT MEAN, really? Hope it's a real position, NOT just a "designated pep-talker/friend to one-and-all"-type of thing: The young man has too much to offer, and our team is so young and raw right now, THEMSELVES full-of-talent and needing only to learn how to realize it--AND how to make it work for them as a team, TOGETHER--to not somehow take advantage of Chris Leaks unique and proven ability to do just THAT when he was the Gator signal-caller and more, much MUCH more when he led them to that 2006 Nat'l Championship.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The term "quality control coach" has been used in the NFL for a long time. Jon Gruden is probably the quintessential QC Coach. Alabama has been using QC coaches for a while now, which lets the position coaches focus more on their positions. New NCAA rules allow these extra coaches, so Florida is jumping onboard. At one time, Alabama had one analyst or quality control assistant for each position coach. The recent NCAA rules now allow teams to hire actual QC coaches, typically with salaries double that of analysts and QC assistants.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema