• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Caption this pic

Blake1288

Gator Fan
346rqr9.jpg

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
I'm not trying to be condescending here, but it's sad if you find that picture "funny." Quite frankly, this is the kind of thing I expect from Nole or Cane fans, not Gator fans.

And before anyone says that I don't understand college football, I do. I got no problem with posting pictures of players (Bradford, Harris, etc.) or coaches (I like the other caption thread w/Stoops), but when people start posting pictures of other people (band members, fans, or cheerleaders) then I really think that is crossing the line.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I'm not trying to be condescending here, but it's sad if you find that picture "funny." Quite frankly, this is the kind of thing I expect from Nole or Cane fans, not Gator fans.

And before anyone says that I don't understand college football, I do. I got no problem with posting pictures of players (Bradford, Harris, etc.) or coaches (I like the other caption thread w/Stoops), but when people start posting pictures of other people (band members, fans, or cheerleaders) then I really think that is crossing the line.

When I saw the OU band girl on TV, I felt bad for her because I knew she was gonna get piled on via online message boards.

I don't have a "problem" with the OU band member picture and its subsequent mockery, but I do see what gatorsare#1 is saying. However, I wouldn't go so far to say FSU or Miami fans are expected to mock someone on that particular level, but Gator fans are above that.

Gator fans can be pretty obnoxious, low, violent, fickle, and downright as bad as fans from other "notorious" schools.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness

baby-crying%20jpg.jpg

Blake1288

Gator Fan

I'm sorry I have a sense of humor. I find it hilarious when people are shown crying in the stands to be quite honest.

Please stop crying...

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
I'm sorry I have a sense of humor. I find it hilarious when people are shown crying in the stands to be quite honest.

Please stop crying...

I bet you and leakbrewergator are very happy that there was no youtube and no digital cameras when Nebraska completely pummeled UF in the Fiesta Bowl.

Nebraska fans could have made some really funny youtube videos. UF was going to its first national title game ever, UF was undefeated, UF had Spurrier, UF had an unstoppable offense, and Gator fans were cocky. And yet UF ended up losing 62-24 in the largest defeat in national championship history.

I'm glad I wasn't in Arizona that day.

But I will admit that those pictures/videos would have been funny to see, because I also have a sense of humor. It apparently would have been funny to see the UF band crying because their team lost.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
^^^ I never said the pic was funny. I just thought you were overreacting a bit with your first post. If a Nebraska fan were to post a pic of a Gator fan crying that day, more power to them. I would have no problem with that.

I don't think it's "crossing the line" as you say. I personally wouldn't have started this thread, but I have no quarrel with Blake or anyone else who took part in it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema