• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Can the Gators upset #1 LSU?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
It's not often that we talk about the Gators upsetting teams, generally we're the ones teams are trying to upset. However, this week the Gators travel to #1 LSU for a chance to knock them off their high horse.

So the million dollar question... Can we do it?

sbq80

VIP Member
YES, not so much because UF is playing great as of late, their last 6 qrtrs have been pretty bad, but because I do not think LSU is that good.

The strength to LSU is their DL, the rest of their team is so-so. If the UF OL can handle the LSU DL & win the battle up front than there will be a lot of happy Gators Sat eve.

GatorVirgin

VIP Member
If they even want a chance at it they need to quit with all the penalties. That just kills a team. It seems like once it starts it doesn't stop. They also need to tighten up on the defense. At least against auburn they looked a little week on "D".

I think they can do it if they work at their week spots. They should really be pumped after a loss in the Swamp. I'm sure they want to take LSU down a notch.

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!

GATORSBABY23

Gator Fan
Well absolutly WE can, You know what, what better motivation going into LSU than coming off a close loss that we all know even though we had tuff times, shoulda still won that game. I think whoever posted that about GAME DAY going to Missouri, thinking LSU is just gonna blow us out "which I think is pathetic", Keep in mine, each team matches up differently.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
Yes yes yes!:bananajump:

I know the boys are gonna have to work hard, and I think they will!
In the post game press conference, Coach Meyer said, "I fell sick at my stomach... this sucks..." and other things. I bet Coach works our boys like crazy this week.
Really need to be able to keep our offensive team on the field... so come on offensiveline, get ready, YOU CAN DO IT!
Go Gators!!!!

lilChomp

VIP Member
Of course we can beat LSU. The gators have beat a #1 ranked team less then 1 year ago :)

It will be hard as hell going in their house... but I kind of like the under dog role.

LSU Coyote

Gator Fan
YES, not so much because UF is playing great as of late, their last 6 qrtrs have been pretty bad, but because I do not think LSU is that good.

The strength to LSU is their DL, the rest of their team is so-so. If the UF OL can handle the LSU DL & win the battle up front than there will be a lot of happy Gators Sat eve.

yes... DL is defiantly our biggest strength on the team...
we have some really athletic LBs who make plays also...
not counting great play from our DBs... 2 great senior CBs.

our offense has played pretty bad the last 6 quarters of play...
they picked it up in the second half against tulane... but that isn't saying much.
we haven't found a rhythm offensively ever since Flynn got injured.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Florida can..but they won't.....LSU is number one for a reason..

Don't be so sure of that. LSU will be thinking this game is a walk in the park. They are supposed to win. No one except Gator fans are even giving us a chance. Ring a bell?? Yeah thats right, the National Championship game against OSU. Now if we start getting our play makers besides Harvin and Tebow involved, look out. A win is NEVER ever a sure thing in the SEC. Far from it. Gators will win.:Banane25:

FanSmack

VIP Member
I say yes.

The loss to Auburn helped us I think. We are a young team... this year will be tough. We have a tough schedule (AGAIN) and will definitely not go without a couple losses. LSU could be one of them.

Sad part is, if we do good, we'll have to beat them twice probably.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema