• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bye fer Now

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Leakfan12, @Escambia94,
No one responding (besides ME) on the heels of our loss over on the "...VS FSU gameday" thread, so I thought I'd set this one apart:
I am SO "frustrated and disappointed" AGAIN (THAT is getting to be a weekly refrain, damnit!), and I just wanted to say goodbye to y'all for however long this pending "withdrawal" turns out to be. I just can't keep volunteering for this.
I don't know what signs will have to manifest in order to lure me back, but there will HAVE to be big changes AND positive results in the gathering of talent (the ONLY thing, in terms of his supposed claims upon arrival, that this Coach has shown ANY real promise of actually making good on) both on the FIELD and on the SIDELINES, to start with, for me to concievably return with any enthusiasm.
But NONE of it has anything to do with y'all, of course; I'm just fed up with being LET DOWN!
IF/WHEN I return, it will be to once again stand with YOU FOLKS (which, by the way, though mostly means just we THREE "small band if brothers" who regularly meet and discuss/follow/vent here, upon monitoring as I do during for eg. today's game there were at least 19 individuals who were here online with us during most of the game--following but not participating...Apparently, they get SOMETHING from our ramblings...AND there are OTHERS who "check in", come and go during games.
I don't know "what it all means" either.
But I WILL be back--for my own AND YOUR sakes, E-- and Lf.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Honestly, what is there to say at this point other than it sucks and it hurts? It was predicted the Gators would go 7-5 or 6-6 and go to a bowl game and they couldn't do that. Now I'm wondering how they beat Tennessee and to some extent USCarolina. I wonder if that 70-yard TD pass on the first play on defense against Utah was a sign of things to come. The last four games were brutal, they could have won these games but couldn't seal the deal especially against Mizzo. Could it be better in 2024? It's too soon to say. I hope Mertz returns, the young team improves, and the recruits keep their commitment to the Gators. Big ifs I know but what else is there? I know you guys bleed orange and blue and I'm just some Yahoo who roots for the Gators. I don't blame you for taking time away DRU, what's there to talk about after football? We barely talk about anything besides football here, we don't talk the basketball teams, baseball,etc. Yes, there's recruiting. I'm probably still come here daily or so. If I recalled it was a dozen or so people here when I first started and now it's just the three of us. Unsure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Honestly, what is there to say at this point other than it sucks and it hurts? It was predicted the Gators would go 7-5 or 6-6 and go to a bowl game and they couldn't do that. Now I'm wondering how they beat Tennessee and to some extent USCarolina. I wonder if that 70-yard TD pass on the first play on defense against Utah was a sign of things to come. The last four games were brutal, they could have won these games but couldn't seal the deal especially against Mizzo. Could it be better in 2024? It's too soon to say. I hope Mertz returns, the young team improves, and the recruits keep their commitment to the Gators. Big ifs I know but what else is there? I know you guys bleed orange and blue and I'm just some Yahoo who roots for the Gators. I don't blame you for taking time away DRU, what's there to talk about after football? We barely talk about anything besides football here, we don't talk the basketball teams, baseball,etc. Yes, there's recruiting. I'm probably still come here daily or so. If I recalled it was a dozen or so people here when I first started and now it's just the three of us. Unsure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
@Leakfan12,
Your frank and open "bottom line"-type approach here really puts it all in perspective for me, Lf.
You make a number of important points without even really TRYING:
First you list the various "IFs"--which together comprise a PERSONAL "If" of its OWN for ME:
IF all those particular "ifs" come to pass, I will have positive reason to be back, weighing in on what's ahead. IF NONE of them do, well, THAT will likely be cause for us to commiserate--and PERHAPS soon after be discussing all the likely--or even the ensuing--consequences!
You go on to discuss the other Gator athletic programs--which I follow but admit that I NEVER involved myself so deeply and emotionally as I did Gator Football, even when I was AT UF. I only went to a few basketball games, and just one baseball game my whole undergrad and additional grad years there--and NEVER went on the road to see any OTHER Gator sports; but I went to EVERY HOME GAME and quite a few road games, regardless of our record, each season during my time there.
(While I'm talking about it, I must admit I went to most major rock'n'roll shows in the Gym and later the then-NEW "O-Dome", and virtually EVERY free one at the also then-new center-campus Bandshell...So I must admit that my attendance at music-related shows exceded most sporting attendance--EXCEPT for Gator Football. But I saw some GREAT BANDS, in great shows--and it went on to influence my life and career!)
I have been among those whom have always said it: "We are a FOOTBALL school".
I am somewhat ashamed to say the following, but the truth is that for ME at least this did not materially change even during the "Dual Championship Years"--that amazing couple of seasons when we repeatedly competed for (and twice WON) BOTH Football AND Roundball Nattys!
Oh, I enthusiastically FOLLOWED our runs through March Madness, and still of course watch whatever games I can in ALL sports as available at their respective Tournament times, but in the final analysis it is always football, Football, FOOTBALL!!! IN this you are right:
"I BLEED Orange and Blue!"
But I am not alone in this: That could accurately be said for ALL THREE of us here, and it doesn't STOP there by ANY means...But as far AS THAT goes, at this point, though I am still to some extent in touch with a few alumni friends, folks whom I hear from now and then after big wins or losses, as you note, it is by now down to you and E-- as far as the people I talk to regularly and really go through all this with.
You certainly don't MEAN to, but in a way, your kind words somewhat SHAME ME, Lf:
Because YOU ARE RIGHT--I too am "unsure if its a good or a bad thing", but.it certainly is a FACT:
WE THREE ARE HERE, still, and we stand together.
So. When it is all said and done, yes--we are HURTING...and I WILL need to take a bit of a break here while I consciously DO NOT follow much of the CFB post-season (though even THAT will be difficult here in Austin Texas now!)
...but that STILL leaves what is happening for us AWAY from the playing field, important as all that IS for us now.
So I will, I think, for the sake of myself AND the THREE OF US, "be around"--BACK around here soon enough then after all.
Thanks for understanding and baring with me.
And PLEASE remain online here as a valued participant, as you imply here that you will continue to do...If YOU can hang in the face of all the recent pain and f*ck-ups, well, I damn well figure I can too!
We'll talk soon...and in the meantime, you and yours have a safe, calm and peaceful Holidays!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema