• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bowl Projections 2023-2024

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Believe it or not, there is a chance that the Gators could make a bowl game. Here is the entire bowl affiliation rubric for the SEC.
  1. College Football Playoff Semifinal: If Selected
    • Capital One Orange Bowl vs ACC The SEC or Big Ten will play the ACC
  2. Cheez-It Citrus Bowl vs Big Ten
    Citrus Bowl gets top pick after CFP semi-final.
  3. First Tier
    • AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs Big 12
    • ReliaQuest Bowl vs Big Ten or ACC
    • SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl vs. Pac-12
    • TaxAct Texas Bowl vs Big 12
    • TaxSlayer Gator Bowl vs ACC
    • TransPerfect Music City Bowl vs Big Ten
  4. Option
    • Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs Big Ten
    Duke's Mayo Bowl alternates with Las Vegas Bowl as Big Ten or SEC.
  5. Second Tier
    • TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl vs American Athletic
    • Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl vs AAC, ACC, or Pac-12

As of October 10, 2023 the predictions are as follows:
  • ESPN (Schlabach): Duke's Mayo Bowl vs Clemson
  • ESPN (Bonagura): Taxslayer Gator Bowl vs Notre Dame
  • College Football News: Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl vs UCF

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
One week it's the Gasparilla Bowl, next it is the Birmingham Bowl we are somehow projected to be in...BOTH are "2nd Tier" Bowls...and no matter WHERE one ranks them, simply assessing them by their recent participants is somewhat disappointing: "Is THIS the level of talent by which we are to be compared??!"
Truth is, "I suppose so."
Thing is, this kind of thing will be changing on a week-by-week basis for the remainder of the season--a season in which we could easily find ourselves off the list ENTIRELY before it is over.
I mean, we are headed out on the road (a place where we haven't performed well under Napier) for most of the rest of that season, after all.
The next three games are also against teams coming off a bye each week, as well.
Don't look now, but Beamer's boys have been stewing about our last meeting (where we thrashed them--but then the two squads headed in opposite directions from that point onward the rest of the 2022 season). They've had losses against some strong teams so far THIS year, so all in all it is hard to guage how their 2-and-3 record truly compares with our mostly unimpressive 4-and-2 one.
Now they've had two weeks to get healthy AND focus solely on getting ready to face US.
Pardon me if I remain somewhat pessimistic going into any road game--but ESPECIALLY this one!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema